'Breaking Bad' Final Season Gets Premiere Date
The fifth and final season of "Breaking Bad" is indeed going to be split into two parts. AMC has officially announced that the last chapter of the crime drama series will start Sunday, July 15 at 10/9c with eight new episodes, and end with eight more episodes in summer 2013.
Expressing his excitement at the show's return, comedian Aziz Ansari took to Twitter to write, "BREAKING BAD IS BACK JULY 15TH! F**K YES." Sharing the sentiment, fellow fan John Legend retweeted the "30 Minutes or Less" star's post.
Also on July 15, AMC will launch its new reality series "Small Town Security" right after "Breaking Bad", at 11/10c to be exact. Later this summer, "Hell on Wheels" will return with its sophomore season on Sunday, August 12 at 9/8c.
Little is known about the upcoming season of "Breaking Bad", but Bryan Cranston said in April, "We pick up right where we left off. We're cleaning up the pieces from last season's huge ordeal where Gus Fring was forced to meet his maker. It's not as easy as Walter thought."
He went on dishing, "And as we've discovered over the years, you don't really know who Walter White is. I'm still discovering who he is and I'm trying to allow myself to be open to him going darker and darker. There's physical danger to himself and his family, plus there's the emotional danger due to his anger and hubris. It's about the evil that men do and where that takes him."
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body