'Breaking Bad' Final Season Gets Premiere Date
The fifth and final season of "Breaking Bad" is indeed going to be split into two parts. AMC has officially announced that the last chapter of the crime drama series will start Sunday, July 15 at 10/9c with eight new episodes, and end with eight more episodes in summer 2013.
Expressing his excitement at the show's return, comedian Aziz Ansari took to Twitter to write, "BREAKING BAD IS BACK JULY 15TH! F**K YES." Sharing the sentiment, fellow fan John Legend retweeted the "30 Minutes or Less" star's post.
Also on July 15, AMC will launch its new reality series "Small Town Security" right after "Breaking Bad", at 11/10c to be exact. Later this summer, "Hell on Wheels" will return with its sophomore season on Sunday, August 12 at 9/8c.
Little is known about the upcoming season of "Breaking Bad", but Bryan Cranston said in April, "We pick up right where we left off. We're cleaning up the pieces from last season's huge ordeal where Gus Fring was forced to meet his maker. It's not as easy as Walter thought."
He went on dishing, "And as we've discovered over the years, you don't really know who Walter White is. I'm still discovering who he is and I'm trying to allow myself to be open to him going darker and darker. There's physical danger to himself and his family, plus there's the emotional danger due to his anger and hubris. It's about the evil that men do and where that takes him."
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress