Whitney Houston's Duet With Jordin Sparks From 'Sparkle' Makes Its Debut
The last song recorded by Whitney Houston before her untimely passing last February has been released. A duet with "American Idol" alum Jordin Sparks from Salim Akil-directed movie, "Sparkle", the upbeat track titled "Celebrate" was premiered Monday, May 21 on Ryan Seacrest's radio show.
"Just gonna celebrate, come on yeah, come on and celebrate/That's what I want, I wanna celebrate," Houston and Sparks, who portray mother and daughter duo in the musical film, sing in part of the chorus. At the end of the tune produced by R. Kelly, Sparks can be heard giving a "We love you, Whitney" shout-out.
The release of "Celebrate" came just one day after Houston's legacy was celebrated at this year's Billboard Music Awards with a tribute performance. On Sunday, May 20 night, Sparks delivered a rousing rendition of "I Will Always Love You" before presenting a posthumous award to Houston's teenage daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown.
After the tune made its debut on Ryan's radio show, Sparks took to her Twitter to post, " 'I celebrate YOU, you celebrate ME!' #Celebrate #Sparkle." She later used her account to share her thought on reactions to her Houston tribute as writing, "I am overwhelmed by the kind words about the tribute last night! Thank you! I was a ball of every emotion possible! #whitney #celebrate."
"Sparkle" is a remake of the 1976 music-themed film of the same title. Inspired by the story of The Supremes, it follows the journey of the three Williams sisters, who begin singing in Harlem in the late 1950 before finding fame as a girl group. Their sudden rise, however, unravels their personal lives. The movie is set to open in U.S. theaters on August 17.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'