Report: Robert Pattinson Close to Star Opposite Scarlett Johansson in 'Hate Mail'
Robert Pattinson is reportedly close to add a new movie project to his list. Rumor has it, the "Twilight Saga" actor has been courted to star in "Hate Mail", which is said to have Scarlett Johansson lining up in its cast ensemble.
The casting rumor first sparked at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, when producer Michael Benaroya promoted his latest project. Benaroya himself is expected to finance "Hate Mail" which is projected to be made with the budget of $11 million.
Further details of "Hate Mail" are still scarce. Nonetheless, Variety reported the rumored project back in 2012, stating that it "will feature interweaving stories about several Manhattanites who encounter various iterations of hate mail and grapple with the subsequent fallout of their relationships." It is unclear what character Pattinson and Johansson would play. It was said that Phillip Seymour Hall was also included in the cast ensemble.
Pattinson has recently secured several gritty movie projects post-"Twilight Saga". After starring in David Cronenberg's "Cosmopolis", he is set to star in a Saddam Hussein-themed thriller called "Mission: Blacklist" as well as a car theft thriller called "Rover".
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service