Report: Robert Pattinson Close to Star Opposite Scarlett Johansson in 'Hate Mail'
Robert Pattinson is reportedly close to add a new movie project to his list. Rumor has it, the "Twilight Saga" actor has been courted to star in "Hate Mail", which is said to have Scarlett Johansson lining up in its cast ensemble.
The casting rumor first sparked at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, when producer Michael Benaroya promoted his latest project. Benaroya himself is expected to finance "Hate Mail" which is projected to be made with the budget of $11 million.
Further details of "Hate Mail" are still scarce. Nonetheless, Variety reported the rumored project back in 2012, stating that it "will feature interweaving stories about several Manhattanites who encounter various iterations of hate mail and grapple with the subsequent fallout of their relationships." It is unclear what character Pattinson and Johansson would play. It was said that Phillip Seymour Hall was also included in the cast ensemble.
Pattinson has recently secured several gritty movie projects post-"Twilight Saga". After starring in David Cronenberg's "Cosmopolis", he is set to star in a Saddam Hussein-themed thriller called "Mission: Blacklist" as well as a car theft thriller called "Rover".
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart