Report: Robert Pattinson Close to Star Opposite Scarlett Johansson in 'Hate Mail'
Robert Pattinson is reportedly close to add a new movie project to his list. Rumor has it, the "Twilight Saga" actor has been courted to star in "Hate Mail", which is said to have Scarlett Johansson lining up in its cast ensemble.
The casting rumor first sparked at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, when producer Michael Benaroya promoted his latest project. Benaroya himself is expected to finance "Hate Mail" which is projected to be made with the budget of $11 million.
Further details of "Hate Mail" are still scarce. Nonetheless, Variety reported the rumored project back in 2012, stating that it "will feature interweaving stories about several Manhattanites who encounter various iterations of hate mail and grapple with the subsequent fallout of their relationships." It is unclear what character Pattinson and Johansson would play. It was said that Phillip Seymour Hall was also included in the cast ensemble.
Pattinson has recently secured several gritty movie projects post-"Twilight Saga". After starring in David Cronenberg's "Cosmopolis", he is set to star in a Saddam Hussein-themed thriller called "Mission: Blacklist" as well as a car theft thriller called "Rover".
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?