Report: Edgar Wright's 'Ant-Man' Already Secures Greenlight From Marvel
Director Edgar Wright's "Ant-Man" movie project may not die just yet. Twitch has revealed that there has been a swirling rumor at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival that the long-gestating superhero film project has already been granted the greenlight by Marvel Studios following the massive success of "The Avengers".
Further details of the long-awaited "Ant-Man" movie are still scarce for now, but it has been said that Marvel president Kevin Feige is eager to move forward with the project. Twitch additionally reported via Twitter, "Rumblings in #Cannes are that @edgarwright's ANT MAN has been greenlit. #rumor."
Wright himself is currently working on "The World's End" along with British thesp Simon Pegg. Though so, some people have been speculating that the filmmaker will begin filming "Ant-Man" either at the end of 2012 or sometime in 2013. Should the report be true, Marvel and Walt Disney Pictures are expected to make an official announcement soon.
"Ant-Man" has been in development for years, but no updates have ever been shared since 2 years ago. Feige recently told Toronto Sun that the long postponement was the reason why Ant-Man was excluded from "The Avengers".
"Edgar's still working on that [Ant-Man] project, and it's closer than ever," Feige said. "But it's been eight years we've been working with him, and we finally decided we couldn't keep putting more people in. If Ant-Man had come out four years ago, it would certainly have been part of the puzzle."
"Ant-Man" follows biochemist Dr. Hank Pym who uses his latest discovery, a group of subatomic particles, to create a size-altering formula. Though his first self-test goes awry, he develops an instrument that helps him communicate with and control insects.
More Ant-Man News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics