'Game of Thrones' 2.09 Preview: Tyrion and Stannis Lead Blackwater Battle
Tyrion and Stannis are finally facing off each other on "Game of Thrones" next week. The bell rings in King's Landing, spreading terror among the residents as Stannis' fleet arrives at the capital of Westeros and launches assaults to claim the throne.
Tyrion leads his army to defend the lives of the Lannisters in a fight that would be called the Blackwater battle. King Joffrey begins to fear for their fate as he realizes they are outnumbered by Stannis' army.
Serving as the penultimate episode of season 2, "Blackwater" will air Sunday, May 27 at 9 P.M. on HBO. Teasing about the battle that takes place at night, executive producer David Beniof recently said, "Flaming arrows at night look gorgeous."
Liam Cunningham who plays Ser Davos Seaworth additionally gushed, "[It's] gonna be immense. I think it's gonna be beautiful."
More Game of Thrones News
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande