'Game of Thrones' 2.09 Preview: Tyrion and Stannis Lead Blackwater Battle
Tyrion and Stannis are finally facing off each other on "Game of Thrones" next week. The bell rings in King's Landing, spreading terror among the residents as Stannis' fleet arrives at the capital of Westeros and launches assaults to claim the throne.
Tyrion leads his army to defend the lives of the Lannisters in a fight that would be called the Blackwater battle. King Joffrey begins to fear for their fate as he realizes they are outnumbered by Stannis' army.
Serving as the penultimate episode of season 2, "Blackwater" will air Sunday, May 27 at 9 P.M. on HBO. Teasing about the battle that takes place at night, executive producer David Beniof recently said, "Flaming arrows at night look gorgeous."
Liam Cunningham who plays Ser Davos Seaworth additionally gushed, "[It's] gonna be immense. I think it's gonna be beautiful."
More Game of Thrones News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'