'Game of Thrones' 2.09 Preview: Tyrion and Stannis Lead Blackwater Battle
Tyrion and Stannis are finally facing off each other on "Game of Thrones" next week. The bell rings in King's Landing, spreading terror among the residents as Stannis' fleet arrives at the capital of Westeros and launches assaults to claim the throne.
Tyrion leads his army to defend the lives of the Lannisters in a fight that would be called the Blackwater battle. King Joffrey begins to fear for their fate as he realizes they are outnumbered by Stannis' army.
Serving as the penultimate episode of season 2, "Blackwater" will air Sunday, May 27 at 9 P.M. on HBO. Teasing about the battle that takes place at night, executive producer David Beniof recently said, "Flaming arrows at night look gorgeous."
Liam Cunningham who plays Ser Davos Seaworth additionally gushed, "[It's] gonna be immense. I think it's gonna be beautiful."
More Game of Thrones News
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says