'Game of Thrones' 2.09 Preview: Tyrion and Stannis Lead Blackwater Battle
Tyrion and Stannis are finally facing off each other on "Game of Thrones" next week. The bell rings in King's Landing, spreading terror among the residents as Stannis' fleet arrives at the capital of Westeros and launches assaults to claim the throne.
Tyrion leads his army to defend the lives of the Lannisters in a fight that would be called the Blackwater battle. King Joffrey begins to fear for their fate as he realizes they are outnumbered by Stannis' army.
Serving as the penultimate episode of season 2, "Blackwater" will air Sunday, May 27 at 9 P.M. on HBO. Teasing about the battle that takes place at night, executive producer David Beniof recently said, "Flaming arrows at night look gorgeous."
Liam Cunningham who plays Ser Davos Seaworth additionally gushed, "[It's] gonna be immense. I think it's gonna be beautiful."
More Game of Thrones News
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer