'Game of Thrones' 2.09 Preview: Tyrion and Stannis Lead Blackwater Battle
Tyrion and Stannis are finally facing off each other on "Game of Thrones" next week. The bell rings in King's Landing, spreading terror among the residents as Stannis' fleet arrives at the capital of Westeros and launches assaults to claim the throne.
Tyrion leads his army to defend the lives of the Lannisters in a fight that would be called the Blackwater battle. King Joffrey begins to fear for their fate as he realizes they are outnumbered by Stannis' army.
Serving as the penultimate episode of season 2, "Blackwater" will air Sunday, May 27 at 9 P.M. on HBO. Teasing about the battle that takes place at night, executive producer David Beniof recently said, "Flaming arrows at night look gorgeous."
Liam Cunningham who plays Ser Davos Seaworth additionally gushed, "[It's] gonna be immense. I think it's gonna be beautiful."
More Game of Thrones News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3