Billboard Music Awards 2012: Whitney Houston Honored With Millennium Award
After some of 2012 Billboard Music Awards were presented, it's time to celebrate the life and legacy of one of music icons Whitney Houston. Whoopi Goldberg led the tribute segment, recalling that the first time she met Whitney at the Nelson Mandela freedom concert, the late New Jersey singer "saved [her] life."
The "Bodyguard" songstress was given "the greatest love of all" in the song performed by John Legend. Jordin Sparks, who shared screen with her in her last movie "Sparkle", took the stage next to play a rendition of her hit single "I Will Always Love You".
After the moving performances, Bobbi Kristina came to the stage to collect Whitney's posthumous honor, Millennium Award. She accepted the special prize on her mother's behalf along with her aunt-in-law Pat Houston.
"This is truly an honor. We thank you for honoring Whitney with the Millennium Award. We thank you Billboard, we thank you Whoopi, Jordin, John... but tonight, the one person that should be accepting this award is the one person that Whitney loved most and treasured most - her daughter Bobbi," Pat said.
Bobbi added, "I just want to say thank you to everyone who supported us through it all - not just from when it was good, but when it was bad - just everything. Thank you so much for showing that much love, cause she deserved it." She went on, "I'm just blessed to have been in such an incredible woman's life. There will never be another one, ever, and I thank you - all of you, fans, everyone. Thank you so much."
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway