Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy Made Cop Buddies in Paul Feig's Film
Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy will play partners in a cop dramedy by "Parks and Recreation" writer Katie Dippold. The not-yet-titled project puts Bullock as "a high-strung FBI agent" and McCarthy as "an unconventional Boston cop" who team up to take down a Russian gangster.
McCarthy will once again work with Paul Feig who directed her Oscar-nominated role in "Bridesmaids". In fact, the actress had signed up for Feig's other movie, "an unconventional love story", which also stars "Bridesmaids" actor Jon Hamm. Meanwhile, Bullock's last movie job was the 2009's "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" and her next movie "Gravity" will only premiere in 2013.
Production of the buddy cop movie is expected to start during McCarthy's next hiatus from her CBS sitcom "Mike & Molly". Rumor has it 20th Century Fox and producers Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark and Jenno Topping have been struggling for a while to snag Bullock, McCarthy and other stars for this movie.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms