Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy Made Cop Buddies in Paul Feig's Film
Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy will play partners in a cop dramedy by "Parks and Recreation" writer Katie Dippold. The not-yet-titled project puts Bullock as "a high-strung FBI agent" and McCarthy as "an unconventional Boston cop" who team up to take down a Russian gangster.
McCarthy will once again work with Paul Feig who directed her Oscar-nominated role in "Bridesmaids". In fact, the actress had signed up for Feig's other movie, "an unconventional love story", which also stars "Bridesmaids" actor Jon Hamm. Meanwhile, Bullock's last movie job was the 2009's "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" and her next movie "Gravity" will only premiere in 2013.
Production of the buddy cop movie is expected to start during McCarthy's next hiatus from her CBS sitcom "Mike & Molly". Rumor has it 20th Century Fox and producers Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark and Jenno Topping have been struggling for a while to snag Bullock, McCarthy and other stars for this movie.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood