Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy Made Cop Buddies in Paul Feig's Film
Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy will play partners in a cop dramedy by "Parks and Recreation" writer Katie Dippold. The not-yet-titled project puts Bullock as "a high-strung FBI agent" and McCarthy as "an unconventional Boston cop" who team up to take down a Russian gangster.
McCarthy will once again work with Paul Feig who directed her Oscar-nominated role in "Bridesmaids". In fact, the actress had signed up for Feig's other movie, "an unconventional love story", which also stars "Bridesmaids" actor Jon Hamm. Meanwhile, Bullock's last movie job was the 2009's "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" and her next movie "Gravity" will only premiere in 2013.
Production of the buddy cop movie is expected to start during McCarthy's next hiatus from her CBS sitcom "Mike & Molly". Rumor has it 20th Century Fox and producers Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark and Jenno Topping have been struggling for a while to snag Bullock, McCarthy and other stars for this movie.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'