Ryan Reynolds Could Show Off Sword Skills in 'Highlander' Reboot
After playing the eponymous superhero in "Green Lantern", Ryan Reynolds could end up being an immortal swordsman in his next movie. The "Safe House" actor has been named front-runner for the lead role in a forthcoming remake of "Highlander".
It's still unclear whether a formal offer has been made to Reynolds or not, but, according to Variety, both the actor and Lionsgate-Summit are already in talks and very interested in making a partnership. Multiple insiders added that the Canadian thesp is "weighing other offers and that could still pursue another project."
Details of the "Highlander" reboot are still scarce, but it's confirmed to be directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo with Art Marcum and Matt Holloway teaming up to pen the screenplay. No start date has been scheduled for the project.
The original 1986 version starred Christopher Lambert and was famous for its tagline, "There can be only one". It focuses its story on an immortal swordsman who fights other immortal warriors for a mysterious prize.
As for Reynolds, after starring opposite Denzel Washington in "Safe House", he will be seen starring in Robert Schwentke's "R.I.P.D.", which will hit theaters across the U.S. on June 28, 2013.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed