Ryan Reynolds Could Show Off Sword Skills in 'Highlander' Reboot
After playing the eponymous superhero in "Green Lantern", Ryan Reynolds could end up being an immortal swordsman in his next movie. The "Safe House" actor has been named front-runner for the lead role in a forthcoming remake of "Highlander".
It's still unclear whether a formal offer has been made to Reynolds or not, but, according to Variety, both the actor and Lionsgate-Summit are already in talks and very interested in making a partnership. Multiple insiders added that the Canadian thesp is "weighing other offers and that could still pursue another project."
Details of the "Highlander" reboot are still scarce, but it's confirmed to be directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo with Art Marcum and Matt Holloway teaming up to pen the screenplay. No start date has been scheduled for the project.
The original 1986 version starred Christopher Lambert and was famous for its tagline, "There can be only one". It focuses its story on an immortal swordsman who fights other immortal warriors for a mysterious prize.
As for Reynolds, after starring opposite Denzel Washington in "Safe House", he will be seen starring in Robert Schwentke's "R.I.P.D.", which will hit theaters across the U.S. on June 28, 2013.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!