Ryan Reynolds Could Show Off Sword Skills in 'Highlander' Reboot
After playing the eponymous superhero in "Green Lantern", Ryan Reynolds could end up being an immortal swordsman in his next movie. The "Safe House" actor has been named front-runner for the lead role in a forthcoming remake of "Highlander".
It's still unclear whether a formal offer has been made to Reynolds or not, but, according to Variety, both the actor and Lionsgate-Summit are already in talks and very interested in making a partnership. Multiple insiders added that the Canadian thesp is "weighing other offers and that could still pursue another project."
Details of the "Highlander" reboot are still scarce, but it's confirmed to be directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo with Art Marcum and Matt Holloway teaming up to pen the screenplay. No start date has been scheduled for the project.
The original 1986 version starred Christopher Lambert and was famous for its tagline, "There can be only one". It focuses its story on an immortal swordsman who fights other immortal warriors for a mysterious prize.
As for Reynolds, after starring opposite Denzel Washington in "Safe House", he will be seen starring in Robert Schwentke's "R.I.P.D.", which will hit theaters across the U.S. on June 28, 2013.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers