Ryan Reynolds Could Show Off Sword Skills in 'Highlander' Reboot
After playing the eponymous superhero in "Green Lantern", Ryan Reynolds could end up being an immortal swordsman in his next movie. The "Safe House" actor has been named front-runner for the lead role in a forthcoming remake of "Highlander".
It's still unclear whether a formal offer has been made to Reynolds or not, but, according to Variety, both the actor and Lionsgate-Summit are already in talks and very interested in making a partnership. Multiple insiders added that the Canadian thesp is "weighing other offers and that could still pursue another project."
Details of the "Highlander" reboot are still scarce, but it's confirmed to be directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo with Art Marcum and Matt Holloway teaming up to pen the screenplay. No start date has been scheduled for the project.
The original 1986 version starred Christopher Lambert and was famous for its tagline, "There can be only one". It focuses its story on an immortal swordsman who fights other immortal warriors for a mysterious prize.
As for Reynolds, after starring opposite Denzel Washington in "Safe House", he will be seen starring in Robert Schwentke's "R.I.P.D.", which will hit theaters across the U.S. on June 28, 2013.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship