'Game of Thrones' Photo Gives First Look at Blackwater Battle
A week before the Battle of the Blackwater erupts on "Game of Thrones", the first look at the epic fight has been released online. The photo features Bronn (Jerome Flynn), Tyrion's right hand man and Commander of the City Watch, taking aim with his bow and flaming arrow, while King's Landing serves as the backdrop.
In the penultimate episode of the show's season 2, the Blackwater battle will take place at night. Executive producer David Benioff teased about the scene, "Flaming arrows at night look gorgeous." Meanwhile, Liam Cunningham who plays Davos Seaworth gushed, "[It's] gonna be immense. I think it's gonna be beautiful."
Aptly titled "Blackwater", the said outing will air Sunday, May 27 at 9 P.M. ET on HBO. The script is written by George R.R. Martin, author of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels on which the show is based.
More Game of Thrones News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival