Bill Muray Plays Quirky FDR in First 'Hyde Park on Hudson' Trailer
First trailer for "Hyde Park on Hudson" has arrived, revealing Bill Murray's portrayal of Franklin D. Roosevelt. Instead of showcasing serious plots, the promo is filled with light and comical scenes that focus on Murray's quirky take on the 32nd President of the United States.
President Roosevelt and his wife Eleanor host the King and Queen of England for a weekend in June 1939 at their home in Hyde Park on Hudson. As Britain is facing imminent war with Germany, the Royals are desperately looking to FDR for support.
However, international affairs must be juggled with the complexities of FDR's domestic establishment, as his wife, mother and mistresses all conspire to make the royal weekend an unforgettable one. Seen through the eyes of Daisy, FDR's neighbor and intimate friend, the weekend will produce not only a special relationship between two great nations, but also, for Daisy, a deeper understanding of the mysteries of love and friendship.
Based on a true event, "Hyde Park on Hudson" is helmed by Roger Michell with Richard Nelson penning the script. Starring as the King and Queen of England are Samuel West and Olivia Colman respectively, while Olivia Williams and Laura Linney star as Eleanor Roosevelt and Daisy respectively.
The dramedy is slated for a December 7 release in the United States.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers