Bill Muray Plays Quirky FDR in First 'Hyde Park on Hudson' Trailer
First trailer for "Hyde Park on Hudson" has arrived, revealing Bill Murray's portrayal of Franklin D. Roosevelt. Instead of showcasing serious plots, the promo is filled with light and comical scenes that focus on Murray's quirky take on the 32nd President of the United States.
President Roosevelt and his wife Eleanor host the King and Queen of England for a weekend in June 1939 at their home in Hyde Park on Hudson. As Britain is facing imminent war with Germany, the Royals are desperately looking to FDR for support.
However, international affairs must be juggled with the complexities of FDR's domestic establishment, as his wife, mother and mistresses all conspire to make the royal weekend an unforgettable one. Seen through the eyes of Daisy, FDR's neighbor and intimate friend, the weekend will produce not only a special relationship between two great nations, but also, for Daisy, a deeper understanding of the mysteries of love and friendship.
Based on a true event, "Hyde Park on Hudson" is helmed by Roger Michell with Richard Nelson penning the script. Starring as the King and Queen of England are Samuel West and Olivia Colman respectively, while Olivia Williams and Laura Linney star as Eleanor Roosevelt and Daisy respectively.
The dramedy is slated for a December 7 release in the United States.
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair