Jackie Chan: I Will No Longer Do Action Movies
Jackie Chan may claim his fame through his clever martial arts but he's not doing it anymore. The 58-year-old Hong Kong actor told the AP on Friday, May 18 at Cannes Film Festival that he will quit action movies to become "the Asian Robert De Niro".
Chan was promoting his 100th film "Chinese Zodiac" which is confirmed to be his last action movie. "I tell you, I am not young any more ... I am really, really tired," he told reporters, adding "The world is too violent now. It's a dilemma because I like action, but I don't like the violence." Chan said people would not believe him when he told them so. "They say 'no, you're still young, you can still do it,' but I have to stop one day," he said.
On what he plans to do next, Chan admitted, "I don't just want to be an action star ... I want to be a true actor. I want to be an Asian Robert De Niro. I want to get rid of my image. So, for the last ten years I've done other films like 'The Karate Kid' where I'd rather play an old man. I want the audience to know I'm not just about fighting or comedy, also I can act."
"Chinese Zodiac", in which he plays a fortune seeker, has taken its toll on his body. "It hurts, it really hurts. The shoulder, the ankle, it really hurts. You don't know because I still look healthy," he said.
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set