Donna Summer's Memorial Service Would Be Private
The family of Donna Summer has decided to keep her funeral a private affair. Only family and close friends would be invited to the Queen of Disco's memorial service which details are still kept secret despite an earlier report that it would be held on Wednesday, May 23 in Nashville.
"On behalf of the Sudano family, the overwhelming outreach from the media, fans and friends alike has been most truly appreciated," Brian Edwards, Summer's publicist, said in a statement. "The services being planned will be private to include only family and close friends. Thank you for continuing to respect the family's privacy during their time of loss."
Summer died on Thursday, May 17 morning after a 10-month battle against lung cancer not related to smoking. "Obviously, numerous factors can be attributed to the cause of cancer in general, but any details regarding the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of Ms. Summer's case remain between her family and team of doctors," Edwards said in a statement. TMZ reported that Summer believed she contracted the disease after inhaling harmful toxic particles following 9/11.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'