Donna Summer's Memorial Service Would Be Private
The family of Donna Summer has decided to keep her funeral a private affair. Only family and close friends would be invited to the Queen of Disco's memorial service which details are still kept secret despite an earlier report that it would be held on Wednesday, May 23 in Nashville.
"On behalf of the Sudano family, the overwhelming outreach from the media, fans and friends alike has been most truly appreciated," Brian Edwards, Summer's publicist, said in a statement. "The services being planned will be private to include only family and close friends. Thank you for continuing to respect the family's privacy during their time of loss."
Summer died on Thursday, May 17 morning after a 10-month battle against lung cancer not related to smoking. "Obviously, numerous factors can be attributed to the cause of cancer in general, but any details regarding the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of Ms. Summer's case remain between her family and team of doctors," Edwards said in a statement. TMZ reported that Summer believed she contracted the disease after inhaling harmful toxic particles following 9/11.
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance