Donna Summer's Memorial Service Would Be Private
The family of Donna Summer has decided to keep her funeral a private affair. Only family and close friends would be invited to the Queen of Disco's memorial service which details are still kept secret despite an earlier report that it would be held on Wednesday, May 23 in Nashville.
"On behalf of the Sudano family, the overwhelming outreach from the media, fans and friends alike has been most truly appreciated," Brian Edwards, Summer's publicist, said in a statement. "The services being planned will be private to include only family and close friends. Thank you for continuing to respect the family's privacy during their time of loss."
Summer died on Thursday, May 17 morning after a 10-month battle against lung cancer not related to smoking. "Obviously, numerous factors can be attributed to the cause of cancer in general, but any details regarding the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of Ms. Summer's case remain between her family and team of doctors," Edwards said in a statement. TMZ reported that Summer believed she contracted the disease after inhaling harmful toxic particles following 9/11.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'