Donna Summer's Memorial Service Would Be Private
The family of Donna Summer has decided to keep her funeral a private affair. Only family and close friends would be invited to the Queen of Disco's memorial service which details are still kept secret despite an earlier report that it would be held on Wednesday, May 23 in Nashville.
"On behalf of the Sudano family, the overwhelming outreach from the media, fans and friends alike has been most truly appreciated," Brian Edwards, Summer's publicist, said in a statement. "The services being planned will be private to include only family and close friends. Thank you for continuing to respect the family's privacy during their time of loss."
Summer died on Thursday, May 17 morning after a 10-month battle against lung cancer not related to smoking. "Obviously, numerous factors can be attributed to the cause of cancer in general, but any details regarding the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of Ms. Summer's case remain between her family and team of doctors," Edwards said in a statement. TMZ reported that Summer believed she contracted the disease after inhaling harmful toxic particles following 9/11.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective