Donna Summer's Memorial Service Would Be Private
The family of Donna Summer has decided to keep her funeral a private affair. Only family and close friends would be invited to the Queen of Disco's memorial service which details are still kept secret despite an earlier report that it would be held on Wednesday, May 23 in Nashville.
"On behalf of the Sudano family, the overwhelming outreach from the media, fans and friends alike has been most truly appreciated," Brian Edwards, Summer's publicist, said in a statement. "The services being planned will be private to include only family and close friends. Thank you for continuing to respect the family's privacy during their time of loss."
Summer died on Thursday, May 17 morning after a 10-month battle against lung cancer not related to smoking. "Obviously, numerous factors can be attributed to the cause of cancer in general, but any details regarding the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of Ms. Summer's case remain between her family and team of doctors," Edwards said in a statement. TMZ reported that Summer believed she contracted the disease after inhaling harmful toxic particles following 9/11.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie