Kanye West's New Short Film 'Cruel Summer' to Hit Cannes
Kanye West is not always making the headlines for his mysterious relationship with Kim Kardashian. It has been announced that the rapper will debut his new short film "Cruel Summer" at the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday, May 23.
West will personally present the film which is included in the out-of-competition category. Dubbed a "short art film", "Cruel Summer" is "a fusion of short film and art installation" and an "immersive seven-screen experience." The film is open for the public two days following its premiere.
West, who previously directed another short movie called "Runaway", hired Aziz Ansari, Kid Cudi, Lebanese actress Razane Jammal and Palestinian actor Ali Suliman as the film's cast. The screenplay was written by Elon Rutberg and the film was co-directed by Alexandre Moors.
Also expected to be seen at the annual film festival is rocker Marilyn Manson. He starred in Quentin Dupieux's "Wrong Cops Chapter One", a 90-minute comedy about "some disturbed cops, set against a pre-apocalyptic vintage L.A. Background." The film will be screened on Thursday, May 24.
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?