Kanye West's New Short Film 'Cruel Summer' to Hit Cannes
Kanye West is not always making the headlines for his mysterious relationship with Kim Kardashian. It has been announced that the rapper will debut his new short film "Cruel Summer" at the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday, May 23.
West will personally present the film which is included in the out-of-competition category. Dubbed a "short art film", "Cruel Summer" is "a fusion of short film and art installation" and an "immersive seven-screen experience." The film is open for the public two days following its premiere.
West, who previously directed another short movie called "Runaway", hired Aziz Ansari, Kid Cudi, Lebanese actress Razane Jammal and Palestinian actor Ali Suliman as the film's cast. The screenplay was written by Elon Rutberg and the film was co-directed by Alexandre Moors.
Also expected to be seen at the annual film festival is rocker Marilyn Manson. He starred in Quentin Dupieux's "Wrong Cops Chapter One", a 90-minute comedy about "some disturbed cops, set against a pre-apocalyptic vintage L.A. Background." The film will be screened on Thursday, May 24.
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR