Kanye West's New Short Film 'Cruel Summer' to Hit Cannes
Kanye West is not always making the headlines for his mysterious relationship with Kim Kardashian. It has been announced that the rapper will debut his new short film "Cruel Summer" at the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday, May 23.
West will personally present the film which is included in the out-of-competition category. Dubbed a "short art film", "Cruel Summer" is "a fusion of short film and art installation" and an "immersive seven-screen experience." The film is open for the public two days following its premiere.
West, who previously directed another short movie called "Runaway", hired Aziz Ansari, Kid Cudi, Lebanese actress Razane Jammal and Palestinian actor Ali Suliman as the film's cast. The screenplay was written by Elon Rutberg and the film was co-directed by Alexandre Moors.
Also expected to be seen at the annual film festival is rocker Marilyn Manson. He starred in Quentin Dupieux's "Wrong Cops Chapter One", a 90-minute comedy about "some disturbed cops, set against a pre-apocalyptic vintage L.A. Background." The film will be screened on Thursday, May 24.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri