Joshua Ledet: Just Making It to 'American Idol' Top 3 Was the Most Amazing Thing Ever
Joshua Ledet is taking the positive out of his elimination from "American Idol" on Thursday, May 17 night. When interviewed backstage after the result show, the 20-year-old aspiring singer told Yahoo!'s Reality Rocks, "Just making it to the top three out of the 200,000 people that auditioned was the most amazing thing ever."
During the chat, the Louisiana native was asked what was going through his mind when he sang "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" for his final performance on the "Idol" stage. Admitting it was a bit blur, he simply said, "I was, I don't know, I was just in that state of mind where I was ready to leave everything on that stage, because I've come so far."
Speaking of the many standing ovations he received from the judges this season, the Top 3 finalist said, "It was amazing seeing them stand up so many times throughout this competition. It definitely makes me feel good about myself and confident." As for Jennifer Lopez calling him "one of the best singers I've seen in 50 years," he commented, "It was very touching, and I was very humbled."
In a separate interview with E! Online, Ledet said he wasn't upset about his elimination, and "was super happy" for remaining contenders Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips. Though he was seen crying and comforted by producer Nigel Lythgoe after the show, he assured, "I was definitely not upset. I felt relieved a lot of the pressure was off of me and I feel really good."
The preacher's son continued on to share, "I'm not going to say I was surprised [by my elimination] because Jessica and Phillip are amazing and have huge fan bases and they deserve it. I don't think I would have cried but when people come up to you and try to comfort you and hugging you then the tears start coming."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture