Joshua Ledet: Just Making It to 'American Idol' Top 3 Was the Most Amazing Thing Ever
Joshua Ledet is taking the positive out of his elimination from "American Idol" on Thursday, May 17 night. When interviewed backstage after the result show, the 20-year-old aspiring singer told Yahoo!'s Reality Rocks, "Just making it to the top three out of the 200,000 people that auditioned was the most amazing thing ever."
During the chat, the Louisiana native was asked what was going through his mind when he sang "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" for his final performance on the "Idol" stage. Admitting it was a bit blur, he simply said, "I was, I don't know, I was just in that state of mind where I was ready to leave everything on that stage, because I've come so far."
Speaking of the many standing ovations he received from the judges this season, the Top 3 finalist said, "It was amazing seeing them stand up so many times throughout this competition. It definitely makes me feel good about myself and confident." As for Jennifer Lopez calling him "one of the best singers I've seen in 50 years," he commented, "It was very touching, and I was very humbled."
In a separate interview with E! Online, Ledet said he wasn't upset about his elimination, and "was super happy" for remaining contenders Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips. Though he was seen crying and comforted by producer Nigel Lythgoe after the show, he assured, "I was definitely not upset. I felt relieved a lot of the pressure was off of me and I feel really good."
The preacher's son continued on to share, "I'm not going to say I was surprised [by my elimination] because Jessica and Phillip are amazing and have huge fan bases and they deserve it. I don't think I would have cried but when people come up to you and try to comfort you and hugging you then the tears start coming."
More American Idol News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy