Video: Fun. and Hayley Williams Cover Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used to Know'
Fun. got Hayley Williams as their duet partner when covering Gotye's hit single "Somebody That I Used to Know" in a recent gig. Nate Ruess sang Gotye's part, while the Paramore singer tackled Kimbra's.
They did the cover for an acoustic performance at BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. "I think it went well," Nate told NME. "It was a pretty hectic morning, we were never sure how linking Hayley into the show was going to go, it seemed like a pretty daunting technological task."
"Then, to top it off, Andrew got food poisoning and suddenly we had no piano, which was the base of our original version. The fact that we got through it was unbelievable," he continued.
Although they have performed with Hayley before, the BBC gig marked the first time they really arranged something together. "We've never worked together, she'd always come up and sing with us when we were on tour, so we've sort of worked together," he explained.
"Somebody That I Used to Know":
"We Are Young":
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked