Video: Fun. and Hayley Williams Cover Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used to Know'
Fun. got Hayley Williams as their duet partner when covering Gotye's hit single "Somebody That I Used to Know" in a recent gig. Nate Ruess sang Gotye's part, while the Paramore singer tackled Kimbra's.
They did the cover for an acoustic performance at BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. "I think it went well," Nate told NME. "It was a pretty hectic morning, we were never sure how linking Hayley into the show was going to go, it seemed like a pretty daunting technological task."
"Then, to top it off, Andrew got food poisoning and suddenly we had no piano, which was the base of our original version. The fact that we got through it was unbelievable," he continued.
Although they have performed with Hayley before, the BBC gig marked the first time they really arranged something together. "We've never worked together, she'd always come up and sing with us when we were on tour, so we've sort of worked together," he explained.
"Somebody That I Used to Know":
"We Are Young":
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story