Video: Fun. and Hayley Williams Cover Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used to Know'
Fun. got Hayley Williams as their duet partner when covering Gotye's hit single "Somebody That I Used to Know" in a recent gig. Nate Ruess sang Gotye's part, while the Paramore singer tackled Kimbra's.
They did the cover for an acoustic performance at BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. "I think it went well," Nate told NME. "It was a pretty hectic morning, we were never sure how linking Hayley into the show was going to go, it seemed like a pretty daunting technological task."
"Then, to top it off, Andrew got food poisoning and suddenly we had no piano, which was the base of our original version. The fact that we got through it was unbelievable," he continued.
Although they have performed with Hayley before, the BBC gig marked the first time they really arranged something together. "We've never worked together, she'd always come up and sing with us when we were on tour, so we've sort of worked together," he explained.
"Somebody That I Used to Know":
"We Are Young":
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World