Video: Fun. and Hayley Williams Cover Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used to Know'
Fun. got Hayley Williams as their duet partner when covering Gotye's hit single "Somebody That I Used to Know" in a recent gig. Nate Ruess sang Gotye's part, while the Paramore singer tackled Kimbra's.
They did the cover for an acoustic performance at BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. "I think it went well," Nate told NME. "It was a pretty hectic morning, we were never sure how linking Hayley into the show was going to go, it seemed like a pretty daunting technological task."
"Then, to top it off, Andrew got food poisoning and suddenly we had no piano, which was the base of our original version. The fact that we got through it was unbelievable," he continued.
Although they have performed with Hayley before, the BBC gig marked the first time they really arranged something together. "We've never worked together, she'd always come up and sing with us when we were on tour, so we've sort of worked together," he explained.
"Somebody That I Used to Know":
"We Are Young":
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent