Video: Fun. and Hayley Williams Cover Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used to Know'
Fun. got Hayley Williams as their duet partner when covering Gotye's hit single "Somebody That I Used to Know" in a recent gig. Nate Ruess sang Gotye's part, while the Paramore singer tackled Kimbra's.
They did the cover for an acoustic performance at BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. "I think it went well," Nate told NME. "It was a pretty hectic morning, we were never sure how linking Hayley into the show was going to go, it seemed like a pretty daunting technological task."
"Then, to top it off, Andrew got food poisoning and suddenly we had no piano, which was the base of our original version. The fact that we got through it was unbelievable," he continued.
Although they have performed with Hayley before, the BBC gig marked the first time they really arranged something together. "We've never worked together, she'd always come up and sing with us when we were on tour, so we've sort of worked together," he explained.
"Somebody That I Used to Know":
"We Are Young":
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?