Wayne Newton Sued Over Las Vegas Museum Plans Delay, Accused of Sexual Harassment
Wayne Newton is embroiled in a legal battle with his business partner. The entertainer famously known as Mr. Las Vegas, along with his wife and her 76-year-old mother, has on Wednesday, May 16 been slapped with a lawsuit by CSD, LLC for delaying efforts to turn his Las Vegas estate into a celebrity museum, which was scheduled to open in late 2011.
Filed in Clark County District Court, the lawsuit accused Newton and his family of refusing to relocate and to turn over memorabilia for the operation of the museum. The 70-year-old singer was also said failing to remove his horses and "vicious" dogs from Casa de Shenandoah. The suit seeks to evict the Newton family from the property so that the $50 million project can move forward.
In addition to those accusations, the lawsuit also claimed that a young female equestrian trainer hired to care for and train Newton's 55 horses endured "constant sexual harassment by Mr. Newton and a hostile and intimidating work environment created by Mr. Newton's barn manager." She quit the job because Newton was "so sexually reprehensible and intimidating," and has threatened to sue Newton and CSD.
Newton's attorney, J. Stephen Peek, has responded to CSD's lawsuit on late Thursday, May 17. In his statement, the lawyer countered the allegations by listing the company's misdeeds that include "failure to obtain building permits prior to construction, failure to construct proper buildings for the health of the animals and for the viewing pleasure of the public, and constant bullying and threatening of employees."
On the sexual harassment claim, Peek said it was "completely fabricated" by a fired employee as an attempt to "obtain financial gain." He further stated that the CSD's lawsuit "is nothing more than a salacious, meritless attempt to deflect attention from Newtons' forthcoming lawsuit" for breach of contract after multiple construction delays.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'