Wayne Newton Sued Over Las Vegas Museum Plans Delay, Accused of Sexual Harassment
Wayne Newton is embroiled in a legal battle with his business partner. The entertainer famously known as Mr. Las Vegas, along with his wife and her 76-year-old mother, has on Wednesday, May 16 been slapped with a lawsuit by CSD, LLC for delaying efforts to turn his Las Vegas estate into a celebrity museum, which was scheduled to open in late 2011.
Filed in Clark County District Court, the lawsuit accused Newton and his family of refusing to relocate and to turn over memorabilia for the operation of the museum. The 70-year-old singer was also said failing to remove his horses and "vicious" dogs from Casa de Shenandoah. The suit seeks to evict the Newton family from the property so that the $50 million project can move forward.
In addition to those accusations, the lawsuit also claimed that a young female equestrian trainer hired to care for and train Newton's 55 horses endured "constant sexual harassment by Mr. Newton and a hostile and intimidating work environment created by Mr. Newton's barn manager." She quit the job because Newton was "so sexually reprehensible and intimidating," and has threatened to sue Newton and CSD.
Newton's attorney, J. Stephen Peek, has responded to CSD's lawsuit on late Thursday, May 17. In his statement, the lawyer countered the allegations by listing the company's misdeeds that include "failure to obtain building permits prior to construction, failure to construct proper buildings for the health of the animals and for the viewing pleasure of the public, and constant bullying and threatening of employees."
On the sexual harassment claim, Peek said it was "completely fabricated" by a fired employee as an attempt to "obtain financial gain." He further stated that the CSD's lawsuit "is nothing more than a salacious, meritless attempt to deflect attention from Newtons' forthcoming lawsuit" for breach of contract after multiple construction delays.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard