'Grey's Anatomy' Creator Offers Insight to Two Big Exits in Season Finale
"Grey's Anatomy" might have left fans heartbroken after killing off one beloved doctor and letting go one other in the season 8 finale. After the episode aired on Thursday, May 17, creator Shonda Rhimes took to Twitter to share her own feelings about the shocking ending.
"This finale was incredibly hard to write. I did not enjoy it. It made me sick and it made me sad," so she started the long message. "We end the season not knowing ANYTHING about the future. Except for two things. We know we are definitely saying goodbye to two of my favorite people: [SPOILER ALERT!] Chyler Leigh (Lexie) and Kim Raver (Teddy)."
Explaining Teddy's departure from Seattle Grace after she's fired by Owen, Rhimes revealed, "Kim's series option was up and she was ready to give Teddy Altman a much-needed vacation." Calling Raver a talented and funny person, she added, "I like to imagine that Teddy is still out there in the Grey's Anatomy universe, running Army Medical Command and building a new life."
Raver herself has taken to Twitter to address her exit. "I've had one of the best times of my creative career working on Grey's with Shonda, Betsy and the best cast on Television," so she wrote. "I feel fortunate and grateful to have worked with such an amazing team at GA. i am going to miss everyone!! And to the GA fans, you guys rock! I am sure S9 will be great."
As for the Little Grey who died after the plane crash, Rhimes claimed killing off the character "was not an easy decision." She went on sharing, "But it was a decision that Chyler and I came to together. We had a lot of thoughtful discussion about it and ultimately we both decided this was the right time for her character's journey to end." The writer additionally expressed her desire to work with Leigh again in the future.
The big death in "Grey's" season finale had been hinted since late April. "There's some really shocking, horrible moments," Rhimes gushed at the time. Just hours before the said episode was aired, she once again warned viewers about the tragic moment by tweeting, "Do not expect to be comforted or happy at end of the GA finale. I wrote it and even I found the ending to be very unsettling."
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated