Adele, Lana Del Rey and Take That Win Big at Ivor Novello Awards
Adele, Lana Del Rey and Take That shone at Ivor Novello Awards that celebrated the best of British and Irish songwriters and composers. The "Someone Like You" hitmaker got two kudos, while the "Blue Jeans" singer and the boyband received one gong each.
Adele took home Songwriter of the Year title. "The main thing was the songs weren't as good as my voice," she told audience inside Grosvenor House Hotel in London upon accepting the prize. "And I took that on board and now I'm winning songwriter of the year."
She additionally grabbed PRS for Music Most Performed Work, thanks to her hit single "Rolling in the Deep". Collecting the kudo with its producer Paul Epworth, she quipped, "No offense Paul, I didn't think it was going to do anything, anywhere!"
Del Rey received Best Contemporary Song through her claim-fame single "Video Games". Meanwhile, Gary Barlow and his bandmates were honored with PRS for Music Outstanding Contribution to British Music. "Thank you for all your lovely messages re #ivors #takethatarmy #gbarmy," he tweeted.
Another winner at the event was Ed Sheeran who took home Best Song Musically and Lyrically for his single "The A Team". The British singer said during his acceptance speech, "It was always my goal to get (an Ivor)."
Celebrating its 57th anniversary, 2012 Ivor Novello Awards was attended by the likes of KT Tunstall, Boy George and Gary Kemp. Take That's Mark Owen came with his wife Emma Ferguson, and so did Garlow who arrived with his wife Dawn.
- Best Contemporary Song: "Video Games" - Lana Del Rey
- Album Award: "Let England Shake" - PJ Harvey
- Outstanding Song Collection: Gary Kemp
- The Ivors Inspiration Award: Siouxsie Sioux
- Songwriter of the Year: Adele
- PRS for Music Most Performed Work: "Rolling in the Deep" - Adele
- PRS for Music Outstanding Contribution to British Music: Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Jason Orange, Mark Owen and Robbie Williams (Take That)
- Best Song Musically and Lyrically: "The A Team" - Ed Sheeran
- Lifetime Achievement: Mark Knopfler
- Best Television Soundtrack: "The Shadow Line" - Martin Phipps
- The Ivors Jazz Award: Stan Tracey
- Best Original Film Score: "The First Grader" - Alex Heffes
- PRS for Music Special International Award - Jimmy Webb
- BASCA Fellowship: Andrew Lloyd Webber
More Adele News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked