Aaron Sorkin on Writing Steve Jobs Movie: It Won't Be a Straight Biopic
Shortly after being tapped to provide the script for Sony Pictures' untitled Steve Jobs biopic, Oscar winner Aaron Sorkin explained his approach for the high-end film project. Instead of making it a pure biography pic, the "Moneyball" scribe claimed that he would add elements of tension and obstacle in writing the life story of the late Apple co-founder.
"I know so little about what I am going to write," Sorkin told Reuters during the press call for his upcoming HBO drama "The Newsroom" on Thursday, May 17. He added, "I know what I am not going to write. It can't be a straight ahead biography because it's very difficult to shake the cradle-to-grave structure of a biography."
Sorkin then explained his approach by making a comparison to his Oscar-winning script for "The Social Network". He said, "Drama is tension versus obstacle. Someone wants something, something is standing in their way of getting it. They want money, they want the girl, they want to get to Philadelphia - doesn't matter...And I need to find that event and I will. I just don't know what it is."
The "Charlie Wilson's War" screenwriter went on stating that he would start to focus on the Jobs movie in late June after premiering "The Newsroom". To help him pen the screenplay, the 50-year-old scribe revealed that Sony has hired the other Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak, as a "tutor" on all the technical aspects of computers and on Jobs himself.
The upcoming Steve Jobs biopic will be based on an authorized bio by Walter Isaacson. The biography book is based on more than 40 interviews with Jobs and over 100 chats with his friends, family members, colleagues and even competitors. Isaacson was hand-chosen by Jobs himself to capture his life while battling with cancer.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off