Adam Yauch Remembered in New York State Senate Resolution
Adam Yauch was honored by New York State Senate in a resolution that celebrated his life, legacy and love for the city where he grew up. The resolution was penned by State Senator Daniel Squadron from the district of Brooklyn Heights where the late rapper was born.
The late Beastie Boys member was remembered by the Senate as "a man of colossal talent and charisma." He was praised for his contribution to the entertainment and cultural enrichment of his community and the entire State of New York with his commitment and creative talent.
"The Beastie Boys became well-known in the innovative music scene in Manhattan's East Village and Lower East Side with a sound and a style all their own. [They] exemplified New York through a period in which grassroots creativity and a community of iconoclastic artists helped redefine and rejuvenate a city on the ropes, with iconic imagery from Brooklyn to Ludlow Street."
MCA's philanthropic works are also recognized in the resolution. He "was an activist and founder of the Milarepa Fund, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting awareness about abuses in Tibet," the Senate recounted.
"Adam Yauch is survived by his wife, Dechen Wengdu, and their daughter Losel. He will be missed by his family, his fans and all who knew him; his dedication to his music, his activism and his heritage leaves an indelible legacy of inspiration for all other artists."
The resolution allowed the senate to "pause in its deliberations to mourn the death of famed rapper and activist Adam 'MCA' Yauch."
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs