John Legend Disses Britney Spears and Demi Lovato
"Duets" judge John Legend bashed Britney Spears and Demi Lovato, who were recently signed as new judges on rival show "The X Factor (US)". The Grammy-winning musician implied during an interview with E! News at EW-ABC Upfront party that the two former Disney stars couldn't sing.
"You know it's interesting. It should be very interesting. I don't have much to say," John said when asked to comment about Britney and Demi's addition to the FOX singing competition. "It's interesting when people, you know, are judging singing competitions when they aren't really singers."
It seemed that John received backlash following his biting remarks against the two female singers. "Read my mentions today if you want some entertainment served with a side dish of crazy and a sprinkle of racism," he posted a cryptic message.
John followed it up with another tweet which clarified, "I've never heard demi's voice btw. Wasn't referring to her." He, however, didn't say anything about Britney.
Unlike John, another "Duets" judge Robin Thicke sang different tune for Britney and Demi. Of the "Hold It Against Me" singer, he said, "Oh come on, everything Britney does, she excels at." He added, "Demi is a lovely young lady, and I'm sure they'll do nothing but make the show a lot more fun to watch."
Kelly Clarkson also had nothing but praise. "I'm a big fan of both of them. Both of those girls are super sweet," she gushed. "Obviously they are both performers so...I think that show really needs it. I don't think everybody latched onto that show like they thought they would."
"Duets" will feature John, Robin, Kelly and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles as judges. John was added to the lineup after Lionel Richie bowed out of the show. It will premiere on May 24 and will follow them searching for two singers each to serve as their duet partners.
Meanwhile, the U.S. version of "The X Factor" tapped Britney and Demi as replacements for Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul. They will appear along with original judges Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid in its second season which will air in fall.
More John Legend News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7