John Legend Disses Britney Spears and Demi Lovato
"Duets" judge John Legend bashed Britney Spears and Demi Lovato, who were recently signed as new judges on rival show "The X Factor (US)". The Grammy-winning musician implied during an interview with E! News at EW-ABC Upfront party that the two former Disney stars couldn't sing.
"You know it's interesting. It should be very interesting. I don't have much to say," John said when asked to comment about Britney and Demi's addition to the FOX singing competition. "It's interesting when people, you know, are judging singing competitions when they aren't really singers."
It seemed that John received backlash following his biting remarks against the two female singers. "Read my mentions today if you want some entertainment served with a side dish of crazy and a sprinkle of racism," he posted a cryptic message.
John followed it up with another tweet which clarified, "I've never heard demi's voice btw. Wasn't referring to her." He, however, didn't say anything about Britney.
Unlike John, another "Duets" judge Robin Thicke sang different tune for Britney and Demi. Of the "Hold It Against Me" singer, he said, "Oh come on, everything Britney does, she excels at." He added, "Demi is a lovely young lady, and I'm sure they'll do nothing but make the show a lot more fun to watch."
Kelly Clarkson also had nothing but praise. "I'm a big fan of both of them. Both of those girls are super sweet," she gushed. "Obviously they are both performers so...I think that show really needs it. I don't think everybody latched onto that show like they thought they would."
"Duets" will feature John, Robin, Kelly and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles as judges. John was added to the lineup after Lionel Richie bowed out of the show. It will premiere on May 24 and will follow them searching for two singers each to serve as their duet partners.
Meanwhile, the U.S. version of "The X Factor" tapped Britney and Demi as replacements for Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul. They will appear along with original judges Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid in its second season which will air in fall.
More John Legend News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed