Eva Longoria Dazzles in Mermaid Gown at 'Moonrise Kingdom' Cannes Premiere
"Moonrise Kingdom" might be led by movie beauty Kara Hayward, but it was Eva Longoria who stole the most attention when a screening event was held during the opening ceremony of the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival. The Latin star looked stunning in a pale-pink mermaid-style gown.
Longoria graced the red carpet in a Marchesa embroidered gown that fitted down to the knee and flared into a long feathered train. The "Desperate Housewives" star completed her dazzling look by putting her hair in an up-do and carrying a matching clutch.
Another star who probably rivaled Longoria was Diane Kruger. The "Inglourious Basterds" actress rocked a Giambattista Valli Couture mint dress which has a long cape-like translucent material draping from her left shoulder. She finished off her gorgeous look by wearing her hair in a neat bun.
Though being overshadowed by the celebrity guests, Kara herself looked lovely wearing a Louis Vuitton tiered outfit and putting her hair in an up-do. Another female cast who was spotted at the event was Tilda Swinton. She donned a custom Haider Ackermann gown with a pleated, fanned bodice.
Other guests included Freida Pinto who wore a Michael Angel dress with a multi-colored bodice and pink thigh-high-split skirt, Jessica Chastain who opted for a light-pink Alexander McQueen low-cut gown, Lana Del Rey who chose a black Alberta Ferretti dress, and Jane Fonda who rocked a bronze Atelier Versace form-fitting number.
In the gentlemen department, Ewan McGregor, Bruce Willis, Alec Baldwin, Chris Pine and Edward Norton all looked sleek in their suits. Baldwin was accompanied by his fiancee Hilaria Thomas and was caught on camera carrying her up the stairs so that she wouldn't trip on her dress.
"Moonrise Kingdom" is set on an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965. It follows a young couple as they fall in love, make a secret pact, and run away together into the wilderness. As authorities try to hunt them down, a violent storm is brewing off-shore, and the peaceful island community is turned upside down in more ways than anyone can handle. It is set to open in U.S. theaters on May 25.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'