James Badge Dale to Play Villainous Eric Savin in 'Iron Man 3'
Having Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce on board to tackle the bad guys is apparently not enough for Marvel to make "Iron Man 3". According to Variety, James Badge Dale has been added to the cast ensemble to play another villain.
Rumor has it, the "CSI" actor will portray lieutenant colonel Eric Savin, who is in charge of Project: Ultra. The character made his debut in Marvel comics in the late '80s and was brought back to life as cyborg mercenary Coldblood after stepping on a land mine.
"Iron Man 3" will be loosely based on Warren Ellis' six-issue "Extremis" comic book series, which follows a new origin story that focuses on nanotechnology. Robert Downey Jr. reprises his role as Tony Stark a.k.a the armored hero, with Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle returning as Pepper Potts and Rhodey respectively.
In addition to Kingsley, Pearce and Dale, another potential new cast is Rebecca Hall. "The Town" star reportedly is in talks to play a sexy scientist which was initially offered to Jessica Chastain. The female character plays a pivotal role in the creation of nanotechnology that winds up being sold to terrorists.
Shane Black is tapped as a director and is expected to kick off the filming sometime in May for a May 3, 2013 release in the United States.
James Badge Dale himself is best known for his roles as Chase Edmunds in the third season of "24" and Robert Leckie in HBO miniseries "The Pacific". On the big screen, he has starred in such movies as "The Departed" and "The Conspirator". His new projects include "World War Z" and "The Lone Ranger".
More Iron Man 3 News
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard