James Badge Dale to Play Villainous Eric Savin in 'Iron Man 3'
Having Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce on board to tackle the bad guys is apparently not enough for Marvel to make "Iron Man 3". According to Variety, James Badge Dale has been added to the cast ensemble to play another villain.
Rumor has it, the "CSI" actor will portray lieutenant colonel Eric Savin, who is in charge of Project: Ultra. The character made his debut in Marvel comics in the late '80s and was brought back to life as cyborg mercenary Coldblood after stepping on a land mine.
"Iron Man 3" will be loosely based on Warren Ellis' six-issue "Extremis" comic book series, which follows a new origin story that focuses on nanotechnology. Robert Downey Jr. reprises his role as Tony Stark a.k.a the armored hero, with Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle returning as Pepper Potts and Rhodey respectively.
In addition to Kingsley, Pearce and Dale, another potential new cast is Rebecca Hall. "The Town" star reportedly is in talks to play a sexy scientist which was initially offered to Jessica Chastain. The female character plays a pivotal role in the creation of nanotechnology that winds up being sold to terrorists.
Shane Black is tapped as a director and is expected to kick off the filming sometime in May for a May 3, 2013 release in the United States.
James Badge Dale himself is best known for his roles as Chase Edmunds in the third season of "24" and Robert Leckie in HBO miniseries "The Pacific". On the big screen, he has starred in such movies as "The Departed" and "The Conspirator". His new projects include "World War Z" and "The Lone Ranger".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal