Video: Jermaine Paul Covers Journey's Song on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show'
Following his win on "The Voice" on May 8, Jermaine Paul came to visit "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" for a performance and an interview. The former backup singer of Alicia Keys played a rendition of Journey's classic "Open Arms".
Before taking the stage, Jermaine sat down with Ellen DeGeneres to talk about his victory. "I honestly thought I was going to be number four, and then when they called number four I thought I was going to be number three," said the former protege of Blake Shelton.
Talking about his mentor, Jermaine had nothing but praise. "I think it makes sense. He was so genuine. He challenged me up there," he gushed. "You know he has definitely helped me sharpen my blade. And just find out what I want to do and what I want to say."
Now that "The Voice" is over, Jermaine is looking forward to working on his album. The singer, who got top prize of $100,000 and scored a record deal with Universal following his win on "The Voice", hopes to reunite with Alicia Keys and work with Ryan Tedder.
"We're looking to work with, of course, Alicia Keys. We put in a request to work with Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic," he said in a conference call. "I'm a big fan of his work and other folks that we are going to bring in. I have a really, really great team over at Universal."
Alicia was the first person who congratulated him after he was crowned the winner on the singing competition. She gave him a call while he was still standing on stage with confetti falling on him. "I spoke to her and she was screaming on the top of her lungs," he said.
More The Ellen DeGeneres Show News
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip