'American Idol' Finalist Jessica Sanchez Gets Philippine President as Supporter
The list of Jessica Sanchez's supporters keeps on growing, and it doesn't only come from the music industry. According to The Associated Press, the Top 3 finalist on season 11 of "American Idol" has got Philippine President Benigno Aquino III rooting for her to win the singing competition.
Considering that Sanchez has Filipino heritage, Aquino III reportedly said that he's happy the 16-year-old aspiring singer from Chula Vista, California is one of the finalists. "Idol" will narrow down the finalist into Top 2 by Thursday, May 17, and the Philippines' leader shared his hope that "she really reaches the top."
Sanchez's high-profile admirers have come from "Idol" alums as well as other music stars. The likes of Kris Allen, Haley Reinhart, Jennifer Hudson, Beyonce Knowles, India.Arie, Colbie Caillat, Billy Joel and music industry honcho Tommy Mottola have all expressed their support for her.
Allen, in particular, said in an interview, "I said that Jessica Sanchez was my favorite, and I hate saying that to be honest with you because I remember being on the show and other people being fans of other people on the show that were not me. But I think that she is my favorite to win the show." He added, "I think it's time for a girl to win to be honest with you."
Sanchez is up against Joshua Ledet and Phillip Phillips for the Top 2 slot. The teen singer will be singing three songs on the performance night this Wednesday, May 16.
More American Idol News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign