'Fashion Star' Crowns Kara Laricks as First Winner
"Fashion Star" has wrapped up its inaugural season and named its first winner. After ten weeks of creating brand new collections and trying to sell them to buyers, Kara Laricks beat out two other finalists, Ronnie Escalante and Nzimiro Oputa, and nabbed the champion title.
In the finale that aired Tuesday, May 15, the three remaining contestants were tasked to design three collections for three different buyers, H&M, Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue. Each of Laricks' collections was sold for $2 million.
"I feel so overwhelmed. I don't know what to say. I'm so thrilled... at the opportunity to keep going and keep designing. This is so exciting, so thrilling!" so the 38-year-old New Yorker said upon learning her victory. Her collections will be featured in the buyers' stores.
Escalante finished in the second place, while Oputa placed third. Mentor/judge Jessica Simpson said of the three finalists, "Each and every one of you, the people that you are and what you represent, you've inspired me to be better."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'