'Fashion Star' Crowns Kara Laricks as First Winner
"Fashion Star" has wrapped up its inaugural season and named its first winner. After ten weeks of creating brand new collections and trying to sell them to buyers, Kara Laricks beat out two other finalists, Ronnie Escalante and Nzimiro Oputa, and nabbed the champion title.
In the finale that aired Tuesday, May 15, the three remaining contestants were tasked to design three collections for three different buyers, H&M, Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue. Each of Laricks' collections was sold for $2 million.
"I feel so overwhelmed. I don't know what to say. I'm so thrilled... at the opportunity to keep going and keep designing. This is so exciting, so thrilling!" so the 38-year-old New Yorker said upon learning her victory. Her collections will be featured in the buyers' stores.
Escalante finished in the second place, while Oputa placed third. Mentor/judge Jessica Simpson said of the three finalists, "Each and every one of you, the people that you are and what you represent, you've inspired me to be better."
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere