'Fashion Star' Crowns Kara Laricks as First Winner
"Fashion Star" has wrapped up its inaugural season and named its first winner. After ten weeks of creating brand new collections and trying to sell them to buyers, Kara Laricks beat out two other finalists, Ronnie Escalante and Nzimiro Oputa, and nabbed the champion title.
In the finale that aired Tuesday, May 15, the three remaining contestants were tasked to design three collections for three different buyers, H&M, Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue. Each of Laricks' collections was sold for $2 million.
"I feel so overwhelmed. I don't know what to say. I'm so thrilled... at the opportunity to keep going and keep designing. This is so exciting, so thrilling!" so the 38-year-old New Yorker said upon learning her victory. Her collections will be featured in the buyers' stores.
Escalante finished in the second place, while Oputa placed third. Mentor/judge Jessica Simpson said of the three finalists, "Each and every one of you, the people that you are and what you represent, you've inspired me to be better."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion