'Fashion Star' Crowns Kara Laricks as First Winner
"Fashion Star" has wrapped up its inaugural season and named its first winner. After ten weeks of creating brand new collections and trying to sell them to buyers, Kara Laricks beat out two other finalists, Ronnie Escalante and Nzimiro Oputa, and nabbed the champion title.
In the finale that aired Tuesday, May 15, the three remaining contestants were tasked to design three collections for three different buyers, H&M, Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue. Each of Laricks' collections was sold for $2 million.
"I feel so overwhelmed. I don't know what to say. I'm so thrilled... at the opportunity to keep going and keep designing. This is so exciting, so thrilling!" so the 38-year-old New Yorker said upon learning her victory. Her collections will be featured in the buyers' stores.
Escalante finished in the second place, while Oputa placed third. Mentor/judge Jessica Simpson said of the three finalists, "Each and every one of you, the people that you are and what you represent, you've inspired me to be better."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival