'Fashion Star' Crowns Kara Laricks as First Winner
"Fashion Star" has wrapped up its inaugural season and named its first winner. After ten weeks of creating brand new collections and trying to sell them to buyers, Kara Laricks beat out two other finalists, Ronnie Escalante and Nzimiro Oputa, and nabbed the champion title.
In the finale that aired Tuesday, May 15, the three remaining contestants were tasked to design three collections for three different buyers, H&M, Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue. Each of Laricks' collections was sold for $2 million.
"I feel so overwhelmed. I don't know what to say. I'm so thrilled... at the opportunity to keep going and keep designing. This is so exciting, so thrilling!" so the 38-year-old New Yorker said upon learning her victory. Her collections will be featured in the buyers' stores.
Escalante finished in the second place, while Oputa placed third. Mentor/judge Jessica Simpson said of the three finalists, "Each and every one of you, the people that you are and what you represent, you've inspired me to be better."
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna