Possible Details of Two Superman Action Scenes From 'Man of Steel'
"Man of Steel" has yet to reveal its very first teaser, but possible details of two scenes from the Zack Snyder-directed Superman movie have been shared online. A source, who admitted to work as a visual effects supervisor, has posted the descriptions of the scenes on IMDb message board.
The source, who said to have worked for such movies as "After Earth", "Avatar", "Iron Man" and "Sin City", claimed to have seen two beta level clips during a VFX conference on Monday, May 14. The clips were included in a sizzle reel shown by Weta.
According to the source, the first clip is about 6-second long. It features Henry Cavill's Clark Kent grabbing a truck with a crying man inside it while flying through the eye of a tornado. The protagonist is described to be holding the truck with only one arm.
The other snippet, which is much longer, shows Superman in full costume having an argument with Michael Shannon's General Zod. During the verbal exchanges, Zod asks Superman in Kryptonian, "Do you know your native tongue, Kal-el?" Stunned, the superhero responds in English, "Who are you?"
While the two argue in the middle of Smallville, Christopher Meloni's Colonel Hardy is seen yelling at them through a megaphone. Standing next to a tank, he warns them that he will fire if they do not surrender. When Superman and Zod ignore his warning, Hardy curses and orders the tank to fire at them both.
Upon hearing Hardy's command, Superman turns to the tank, and Zod takes the opportunity to sucker punch the hero. But, when the tank starts firing, Superman gets in front of the supervillain and catches the exploding missile near his belly.
As flames from the explosion ripple around Superman's face, cape and eyes, the shrapnel hits him and bounces off. The same happens to Zod as well, but to a lesser extent. At the end of the clip, Hardy looks shocked when he sees the two men remain standing tall in the middle of a cloud of smoke.
"Man of Steel" is slated for a June 14, 2013 release in theaters across the United States. The DC Comics movie, which is co-produced by "The Dark Knight Rises" helmer Christopher Nolan, is also supported by Amy Adams, Russell Crowe, Ayelet Zorer, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane.
More Man of Steel News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture