Video: David Beckham Ribbed by Obama During L.A. Galaxy's Visit to the White House
David Beckham has become the subject of President Barack Obama's jokes recently. The world famous soccer star and his Los Angeles Galaxy teammates visited the White House on Tuesday, May 15, and found himself cracking smile as the U.S. president took a jab at his age and his line of underwear in his welcoming speech.
Obama began ribbing the former England captain as he congratulated the L.A. Galaxy on their third Major League Soccer Cup title. After calling the team "the Miami Heat of soccer" and Ireland's Robbie Keane "a cousin of mine", he turned his attention to the husband of Victoria Adams and said, "We also have a young up-and-comer on the team, a guy named David Beckham."
"I have to say I gave David a hard time - I said half his teammates could be his kids," the president continued on. "We're getting old, David. Although you're holding up better than me." Having said that Beckham is tough, he joked, "In fact, it is a rare man who can be that tough on the field and also have his own line of underwear."
Aside from being honored by the president, Beckham and his team came to the White House to join First Lady Michelle Obama on the South Lawn for a Let's Move! Soccer clinic with students from across the country. USA Today reported that the event was canceled due to inclement weather, but some of the team players conducted a question-and-answer session with the kids.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'