Video: David Beckham Ribbed by Obama During L.A. Galaxy's Visit to the White House
David Beckham has become the subject of President Barack Obama's jokes recently. The world famous soccer star and his Los Angeles Galaxy teammates visited the White House on Tuesday, May 15, and found himself cracking smile as the U.S. president took a jab at his age and his line of underwear in his welcoming speech.
Obama began ribbing the former England captain as he congratulated the L.A. Galaxy on their third Major League Soccer Cup title. After calling the team "the Miami Heat of soccer" and Ireland's Robbie Keane "a cousin of mine", he turned his attention to the husband of Victoria Adams and said, "We also have a young up-and-comer on the team, a guy named David Beckham."
"I have to say I gave David a hard time - I said half his teammates could be his kids," the president continued on. "We're getting old, David. Although you're holding up better than me." Having said that Beckham is tough, he joked, "In fact, it is a rare man who can be that tough on the field and also have his own line of underwear."
Aside from being honored by the president, Beckham and his team came to the White House to join First Lady Michelle Obama on the South Lawn for a Let's Move! Soccer clinic with students from across the country. USA Today reported that the event was canceled due to inclement weather, but some of the team players conducted a question-and-answer session with the kids.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off