Video: David Beckham Ribbed by Obama During L.A. Galaxy's Visit to the White House
David Beckham has become the subject of President Barack Obama's jokes recently. The world famous soccer star and his Los Angeles Galaxy teammates visited the White House on Tuesday, May 15, and found himself cracking smile as the U.S. president took a jab at his age and his line of underwear in his welcoming speech.
Obama began ribbing the former England captain as he congratulated the L.A. Galaxy on their third Major League Soccer Cup title. After calling the team "the Miami Heat of soccer" and Ireland's Robbie Keane "a cousin of mine", he turned his attention to the husband of Victoria Adams and said, "We also have a young up-and-comer on the team, a guy named David Beckham."
"I have to say I gave David a hard time - I said half his teammates could be his kids," the president continued on. "We're getting old, David. Although you're holding up better than me." Having said that Beckham is tough, he joked, "In fact, it is a rare man who can be that tough on the field and also have his own line of underwear."
Aside from being honored by the president, Beckham and his team came to the White House to join First Lady Michelle Obama on the South Lawn for a Let's Move! Soccer clinic with students from across the country. USA Today reported that the event was canceled due to inclement weather, but some of the team players conducted a question-and-answer session with the kids.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed