Sony's Steve Jobs Biopic Locks Oscar Winner Aaron Sorkin to Pen the Script
It's official, Sony Pictures' untitled Steve Jobs biopic has found its screenwriter. The studio announced on Wednesday, May 15 that Oscar-winning scribe Aaron Sorkin has been tapped to provide the script for the high-profile movie project.
Upon announcing the news, Sony co-chairman Amy Pascal said, "Steve Jobs' story is unique: he was one of the most revolutionary and influential men not just of our time but of all time." Pascal added, "There is no writer working in Hollywood today who is more capable of capturing such an extraordinary life for the screen than Aaron Sorkin. In his hands, we're confident that the film will be everything that Jobs himself was: captivating, entertaining and polarizing."
Words are, Sorkin was Sony's most favorable choice from the beginning. The studio had been approaching the "Moneyball" scribe since November 2011. At that time, Sorkin was said to be "strongly considering" to tackle the screenwriting duty for the biopic.
Sorkin will adapt the screenplay from Jobs' authorized bio by Walter Isaacson. Back in October, Sony reportedly paid $1 million to obtain the rights to the book, which became Amazon's bestselling title last year.
The biography book is based on more than 40 interviews with Jobs and over 100 chats with his friends, family members, colleagues and even competitors. Isaacson was hand-chosen by Jobs himself to capture his life while battling with cancer.
As for Sorkin, the acclaimed screenwriter won an Oscar for his work in 2010's "The Social Network". He also shared Oscar nomination with Seteve Zaillian and Stan Chervin for "Moneyball".
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson