Ellen DeGeneres' Mansion Bought by Ryan Seacrest for a Reported $37 Million
Ellen DeGeneres is reportedly close to make one of the largest Los Angeles-area real estate deals of the year with Ryan Seacrest. E! News claimed to have been informed by industry sources that Seacrest has spent $37 million to buy DeGeneres' 2.87-acre estate, which had been on the market for $49 million.
The nine-bedroom property, located in north Beverly Hills, boasts a 9,200-square-foot main house, three guest homes, a pair of swimming pools, koi ponds and fruit trees. DeGeneres bought the main house for $29 million from "Will & Grace" co-creator Max Mutchnick in 2007 before purchasing the adjacent properties during the past five years.
Seacrest himself has put his gated Hollywood Hills compound, which he bought from Kevin Costner in 2006, on the market. The "American Idol" host has been trying to sell the Mediterranean villa since 2010. At the time, he listed it for $15 million. Los Angeles Times reported that he relisted it in April for $11.985 million.
Property deal aside, DeGeneres will be the 15th recipient of the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. It was announced on Tuesday, May 15 that the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" will be honored in a tribute show taking place on October 22 at the Kennedy Center Concert Hall in Washington, D.C..
"The Kennedy Center is happy to recognize Ellen DeGeneres' unique contributions to the world of comedy," Kennedy Center chairman David M. Rubenstein said in a statement. "Through her television programs, stand-up appearances, movies and even commercials, her special brand of humor has allowed us to find hilarity in the mundane and has kept us laughing for years."
The comedienne, who filled the voice of Dory in "Finding Nemo", has also shared her thought about the honor. "It's such an honor to receive the Mark Twain Prize," she said, before joking, "To get the same award that has been given to people like Bill Cosby, Tina Fey and Will Ferrell, it really makes me wonder ... why didn't I get this sooner?"
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special