John Travolta's Attorney Expects Second Accuser to Also Drop Sexual Assault Lawsuit
John Travolta has one less sexual assault allegation to worry about. The first anonymous masseur accusing the "Pulp Fiction" star of groping him during a massage session has just dismissed his $2 million lawsuit. In response to the move, a lawyer for the Hollywood actor shared his expectation that the second accuser will soon follow suit.
"My client is completely vindicated by Doe No. 1 dropping his claims and dismissing his lawsuit," Singer first said in a statement released to the press. He went on to comment, "We fully expect that my client will similarly be vindicated with respect to Doe No. 2, as well as with respect to any other person who makes meritless claims against John Travolta."
The masseur, identified as John Doe No. 1, formally dropped his lawsuit against Travolta less than a week after he parted ways with his lawyer Okorie Okorocha following his confession that he was mistaken about the date of the alleged attack. He filed the notice of dismissal in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles on Tuesday, May 15.
The sexual assault lawsuit filed by John Doe No. 1 back on May 4 has set off a firestorm for Travolta. Two men have since come forward with similar allegations. The second one is another masseur, who claimed that his incident with the actor occurred at an Atlanta hotel on January 25, and the third was a former Royal Caribbean cruise ship employee who said he was offered $12,000 for sex in 2009.
Shortly before John Doe No. 1 dropped his lawsuit, Okorocha slammed rumors that John Doe No. 2 is willing to settle the case for $250,000. "There is no mediation. There'll never be a settlement. I want privacy for sex crime victims," he insisted. Travolta's lawyer, meanwhile, is determined to disprove the allegation, but notes, "We need specifics first. It's hard to disprove something when you don't have more specific allegations."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences