Jay-Z Supports Obama in Same-Sex Marriage Legalization
President Barack Obama has one more celebrity on his back in the argument whether same-sex marriage should be legalized. Jay-Z revealed he strongly supports Obama that gay people deserve the right to get married in the same way black people deserve to be undiscriminated.
"I've always thought it as something that was still holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love," the rapper told CNN, adding "That's their business. It's no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple."
In the same interview, Jay-Z said Obama should not be seen as a threat to the business and should be credited in the economic turn. "We should absolutely support business and free enterprise in America, just not criminal activities, you know, unjust practices." He added later, "Reversing the direction of the decline was a full time job in itself, so I think that it's stabilizing a bit now as some of the numbers show."
More Jay-Z News
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters