Jay-Z Supports Obama in Same-Sex Marriage Legalization
President Barack Obama has one more celebrity on his back in the argument whether same-sex marriage should be legalized. Jay-Z revealed he strongly supports Obama that gay people deserve the right to get married in the same way black people deserve to be undiscriminated.
"I've always thought it as something that was still holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love," the rapper told CNN, adding "That's their business. It's no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple."
In the same interview, Jay-Z said Obama should not be seen as a threat to the business and should be credited in the economic turn. "We should absolutely support business and free enterprise in America, just not criminal activities, you know, unjust practices." He added later, "Reversing the direction of the decline was a full time job in itself, so I think that it's stabilizing a bit now as some of the numbers show."
More Jay-Z News
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation