Jay-Z Supports Obama in Same-Sex Marriage Legalization
President Barack Obama has one more celebrity on his back in the argument whether same-sex marriage should be legalized. Jay-Z revealed he strongly supports Obama that gay people deserve the right to get married in the same way black people deserve to be undiscriminated.
"I've always thought it as something that was still holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love," the rapper told CNN, adding "That's their business. It's no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple."
In the same interview, Jay-Z said Obama should not be seen as a threat to the business and should be credited in the economic turn. "We should absolutely support business and free enterprise in America, just not criminal activities, you know, unjust practices." He added later, "Reversing the direction of the decline was a full time job in itself, so I think that it's stabilizing a bit now as some of the numbers show."
More Jay-Z News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama