Jay-Z Supports Obama in Same-Sex Marriage Legalization
President Barack Obama has one more celebrity on his back in the argument whether same-sex marriage should be legalized. Jay-Z revealed he strongly supports Obama that gay people deserve the right to get married in the same way black people deserve to be undiscriminated.
"I've always thought it as something that was still holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love," the rapper told CNN, adding "That's their business. It's no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple."
In the same interview, Jay-Z said Obama should not be seen as a threat to the business and should be credited in the economic turn. "We should absolutely support business and free enterprise in America, just not criminal activities, you know, unjust practices." He added later, "Reversing the direction of the decline was a full time job in itself, so I think that it's stabilizing a bit now as some of the numbers show."
More Jay-Z News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory