Jay-Z Supports Obama in Same-Sex Marriage Legalization
President Barack Obama has one more celebrity on his back in the argument whether same-sex marriage should be legalized. Jay-Z revealed he strongly supports Obama that gay people deserve the right to get married in the same way black people deserve to be undiscriminated.
"I've always thought it as something that was still holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love," the rapper told CNN, adding "That's their business. It's no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple."
In the same interview, Jay-Z said Obama should not be seen as a threat to the business and should be credited in the economic turn. "We should absolutely support business and free enterprise in America, just not criminal activities, you know, unjust practices." He added later, "Reversing the direction of the decline was a full time job in itself, so I think that it's stabilizing a bit now as some of the numbers show."
More Jay-Z News
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip