Details of Jennifer Hudson's Trip to Six Flags After Murder Trial Verdict
Jennifer Hudson has celebrated William Balfour's guilty verdict with a trip to Six Flags. The Oscar winner was spotted hitting the amusement park in Gurnee, Illinois along with fiance David Otunga a day after her former brother-in-law was found guilty of murdering her mother, brother and nephew, and details of her fun-filled day are surfacing.
According to E! News, the songstress playing Sister Rosemary in "The Three Stooges" and her group stayed for about six hours at the Chicago-area park on Saturday, May 12. Described by employees as "nice and relaxed", she rode the new X Flight roller coaster and lined up for other thrill rides.
About Hudson's time there, Six Flags spokesman Brandon Bruce told E!, "Jennifer and her family and some of the crew had an enjoyable day at the park. We are glad we did all we could to provide that for them." The site additionally noted that the "American Idol" alum and her entourage had security guards escorting them during the excursion.
On Friday, Hudson was present in court when the jury declared that Balfour was guilty on three counts of first-degree murder. In a statement she and her sister Julia released afterward, the "I Remember Me" singer said, "We want to extend a prayer from the Hudson family to the Balfour family. We have all suffered terrible loss in this tragedy."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia