Details of Jennifer Hudson's Trip to Six Flags After Murder Trial Verdict
Jennifer Hudson has celebrated William Balfour's guilty verdict with a trip to Six Flags. The Oscar winner was spotted hitting the amusement park in Gurnee, Illinois along with fiance David Otunga a day after her former brother-in-law was found guilty of murdering her mother, brother and nephew, and details of her fun-filled day are surfacing.
According to E! News, the songstress playing Sister Rosemary in "The Three Stooges" and her group stayed for about six hours at the Chicago-area park on Saturday, May 12. Described by employees as "nice and relaxed", she rode the new X Flight roller coaster and lined up for other thrill rides.
About Hudson's time there, Six Flags spokesman Brandon Bruce told E!, "Jennifer and her family and some of the crew had an enjoyable day at the park. We are glad we did all we could to provide that for them." The site additionally noted that the "American Idol" alum and her entourage had security guards escorting them during the excursion.
On Friday, Hudson was present in court when the jury declared that Balfour was guilty on three counts of first-degree murder. In a statement she and her sister Julia released afterward, the "I Remember Me" singer said, "We want to extend a prayer from the Hudson family to the Balfour family. We have all suffered terrible loss in this tragedy."
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo