Katherine Jenkins on 'DWTS' Injury: It's a Reflectorical Spasm in Lower Back
Katherine Jenkins has offered an update on her condition after injuring herself on "Dancing with the Stars" stage. "Thank you for all your concerned tweets... I'm with the Doctor, he says it was a reflectorical spasm in my lower back," so she wrote on her Twitter after getting a medical attention.
In the second round of the Monday, May 14 semifinals, Katherine tweaked in her back at the end of her salsa with pro dancer partner Mark Ballas. Looking disappointed at herself, she covered her face with her hands as she had a meltdown, but insisted she's okay and told the judges to go on with their comments.
Asked by co-host Brooke Burke what had just happened, she said at the lounge upstairs, "I just felt my back go as I went back. I'm so sorry if I've let you down, Mark." The judges excused her for the tumble and gave her 27 points for the routine.
Mark later also commented on Katherine's injury. "I don't know [what happened]," he told E! Online. "I watched it back and it looks like it was a mixture of her foot slip and her back kind of tweaked when she tried to fix it and I was in the air when this happened."
"So it's like being in a butterfly vertical over your partner and you see terror in her face. Time stood still for a second and I had to find a way to get underneath her and stand her back up. It's scary when those things happen. She doesn't need to apologize."
Mark further pointed out the fact that Katherine was able to get up after stumbling on the floor was a good sign. "The good thing is that there is no bone damage, thank God, and hopefully there's no muscle or ligament damage," he said. "I just know from suffering past injuries that when you're done, you're done. You're not getting up, but she was up moving around so hopefully she'll be fine."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris