Teyana Taylor Joins Kanye West's G.O.O.D Music Family
A new member is added to Kanye West's G.O.O.D Music. 21-year-old rising star Teyana Taylor is confirmed to have signed a deal with the record label. Her first album and single releases are planned to be announced in the weeks and months ahead.
In the new home, Teyana joins the likes of John Legend, Kid Cudi, Big Sean, Mr. Hudson, CyHi Da Prynce, Common, Pusha T and more. "God has blessed me wit G.O.O.D day," so she tweeted.
Teyana began her career in music as Pharrell Williams' protege. The rapstress was first signed at the age of 15 to his Startrak/Interscope label, and has since written songs for the likes Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj and Willow Smith.
In addition to penning tracks for those artists, Teyana has collaborated with Kanye, Jadakiss, Cam'ron and Jim Jones. On the small screen, she has appeared on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16", ABC's "Limelight" and BET's "Rip the Runway".
On top of that, Tenaya has grabbed Beyonce Knowles' attention with her Chicken Noodle Soup dance. She was once asked by Queen Bey to help her with "Ring the Alarm" video and her performance at 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. "That kind of love coming from Jay and Beyonce was crazy," she gushed.
While waiting for her album, fans can listen to her music through her newly-released mixtape "The Misunderstanding of Teyana Taylor". Featuring Fabolous, Jadakiss and Wale, it evokes classic '80s & '90s R&B and pays homage to her influences including Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige and Lauryn Hill.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer