'Prometheus' Lands on Alien Planet in First Official Clip
Noomi Rapace and co. touch down a strange planet in the first official clip for Ridley Scott's "Prometheus". Displaying a stunning outer spacer landscape, the snippet focuses on a scene where the titular spacecraft makes its maiden flight and lands on a dark and foggy planet, which is said to have the remnants of several ancient Earth civilizations.
"Prometheus" follows a team of explorers who find a clue to the origin of mankind on Earth. The discovery leads them on a dangerous journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must battle to save the future of the human race. In addition to Rapace, the thriller stars Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce and Logan Marshall-Green.
Screenwriter Damon Lindelof recently explained to Entertainment Weekly that Scott has chosen to reduce the links between "Prometheus" and his iconic 1979 creation "Alien". The scribe said, "Ridley had a very specific idea of the story he wanted to tell. And sometimes you have to look at different versions of it to know what it is you want and what you don't want."
"Whatever it is, I didn't get the sense that there was any bad blood with [scribe] Jon [Spaihts]. They were just looking for someone to say to them, Hey, we don't need the Alien stuff in here. It shouldn't be about that. It can be a part of this movie, but it shouldn't be what it's about," he explained.
Recently rated R, "Prometheus" will make its way out onto theaters across the U.S. on June 8.
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her