'Prometheus' Lands on Alien Planet in First Official Clip
Noomi Rapace and co. touch down a strange planet in the first official clip for Ridley Scott's "Prometheus". Displaying a stunning outer spacer landscape, the snippet focuses on a scene where the titular spacecraft makes its maiden flight and lands on a dark and foggy planet, which is said to have the remnants of several ancient Earth civilizations.
"Prometheus" follows a team of explorers who find a clue to the origin of mankind on Earth. The discovery leads them on a dangerous journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must battle to save the future of the human race. In addition to Rapace, the thriller stars Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce and Logan Marshall-Green.
Screenwriter Damon Lindelof recently explained to Entertainment Weekly that Scott has chosen to reduce the links between "Prometheus" and his iconic 1979 creation "Alien". The scribe said, "Ridley had a very specific idea of the story he wanted to tell. And sometimes you have to look at different versions of it to know what it is you want and what you don't want."
"Whatever it is, I didn't get the sense that there was any bad blood with [scribe] Jon [Spaihts]. They were just looking for someone to say to them, Hey, we don't need the Alien stuff in here. It shouldn't be about that. It can be a part of this movie, but it shouldn't be what it's about," he explained.
Recently rated R, "Prometheus" will make its way out onto theaters across the U.S. on June 8.
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell