Britney Spears and Demi Lovato Officially Join 'The X Factor'
It's official, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato are coming to "The X Factor (US)". Following long speculations about who will be the new judges on the show's sophomore season, FOX has announced at its upfront presentation at the Beacon Theatre, New York on Monday, May 14 that the two former Disney stars will join Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid on the judging panel.
"We delivered," so said British producer Cowell. "This has taken a year to get where we got to today and I am thrilled to confirm the return of L.A. Reid, the addition of Demi Lovato and superstar Britney Spears." He additionally took to Twitter to express his feelings about the new additions to the show, "Can't believe it's finally happened. Very exciting!"
Wearing a tight white dress, 30-year-old Spears stated at the upfront presentation, "I'm so excited about this whole experience. It's going to be so much fun and so different from anything I've ever done. I'm ready to find the true star." She also posted a picture of her and the other three judges on her Twitter page.
As for 19-year-old Lovato, she said, "I'm totally stoked to be here, because of not only the opportunity to be a judge here, but the presence of you guys. It's just an honor to be standing next to you." The Sonny Munroe of "Sonny with a Chance", who sported lighter locks on the occasion, added, "I'm excited to represent my generation and I'm excited to find a winner."
Gushing about the upcoming season, Cowell promised, "This year we are seriously going to kick butt." The former judge of "American Idol" went on taking a jab at "The Voice" as saying, "The Voice is going up against us; I wish them luck, but second's not great. We are going to make this the best series we've ever made."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival