Report: Mena Suvari's Estranged Husband Wants $17K a Month Spousal Support
Mena Suvari's estranged husband is making her pay for the end of their 18 months of marriage. TMZ has just brought out a report that Simone Sestito has recently filed court documents in which he is asking the "American Beauty" actress to pay him $17,151 per month in spousal support and an additional $10k for attorney fees as part of their divorce.
In the papers, Sestito suggested that Suvari makes $750,000 a year, while he has "negative balances" on both of his personal and business accounts. Claiming he got used to eating out "almost everyday at high end restaurants", the concert promoter estimated that his eating out expense could reach to $3,000/month. He also said that he's been using credit cards and loans from his parents to pay bills.
Suvari herself has asked judge to block Sestito from receiving spousal support in the divorce petition she filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on January 13. Her lawyer, Mark Gross, has also commented on the situation, telling the gossip site, "It is unfortunate that Simone has chosen the spotlight of litigation over the privacy of mediation."
Suvari, who was once married to cinematographer Robert Brinkman, met Sestito at the Toronto Film Festival in 2007. They got engaged in 2008, and tied the knot at a private church in Vatican City in June 2010. In an interview after she filed for divorce from Sestito, the "American Reunion" actress told Daily Mail, "I mean honestly, I never thought that at 33 I'd be a two-time divorcee."
"There are many reasons why things don't work out," she explained without going into the details, "and I think at some point you have to acknowledge that and work towards maintaining your own happiness. You have to surround yourself with people who love you and want the best for you. I call this process weeding my garden."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?