Report: Mena Suvari's Estranged Husband Wants $17K a Month Spousal Support
Mena Suvari's estranged husband is making her pay for the end of their 18 months of marriage. TMZ has just brought out a report that Simone Sestito has recently filed court documents in which he is asking the "American Beauty" actress to pay him $17,151 per month in spousal support and an additional $10k for attorney fees as part of their divorce.
In the papers, Sestito suggested that Suvari makes $750,000 a year, while he has "negative balances" on both of his personal and business accounts. Claiming he got used to eating out "almost everyday at high end restaurants", the concert promoter estimated that his eating out expense could reach to $3,000/month. He also said that he's been using credit cards and loans from his parents to pay bills.
Suvari herself has asked judge to block Sestito from receiving spousal support in the divorce petition she filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on January 13. Her lawyer, Mark Gross, has also commented on the situation, telling the gossip site, "It is unfortunate that Simone has chosen the spotlight of litigation over the privacy of mediation."
Suvari, who was once married to cinematographer Robert Brinkman, met Sestito at the Toronto Film Festival in 2007. They got engaged in 2008, and tied the knot at a private church in Vatican City in June 2010. In an interview after she filed for divorce from Sestito, the "American Reunion" actress told Daily Mail, "I mean honestly, I never thought that at 33 I'd be a two-time divorcee."
"There are many reasons why things don't work out," she explained without going into the details, "and I think at some point you have to acknowledge that and work towards maintaining your own happiness. You have to surround yourself with people who love you and want the best for you. I call this process weeding my garden."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns