Chris Hemsworth Explains Why He and Wife Name Their Daughter India
Chris Hemsworth is embracing his new role as a proud father to a baby girl. The 28-year-old actor, who reprises his role as Thor in "The Avengers", recently welcomed his first daughter with wife Elsa Pataky, and he's more than willing to explain why he and his wife name their child India.
In a phone interview with USA Today, the Aussie actor said, "We love the country and love the name." He offered more when met at "Snow White and the Huntsman" press junket in London. "It was just a name we liked, I always kind of liked Indie or Indiana for a boy and she liked India," he told E! News. "We sorta went, 'Oh well, whether it's a boy or girl that will decide.' It just seemed to fit."
It was reported that Chris' wife gave birth to India on Friday, May 11. When asked to clarify, the older brother of Liam Hemsworth responded by simply stating, "Very recently." He went on to say, "This is my politician, kind of, not giving too much away." Still, he shared his excitement of being a father. "I've wanted to have kids for a long time, and here it is, and I couldn't be happier," so he gushed.
Chris and Elsa met through their management firm in early 2010 before tying the knot in December of the same year. They announced that they were expecting their first child in January 2012. "Chris and I are ecstatic, very happy and excited," Elsa said at that time. "Since it's our first child we don't care if it's a boy or girl, our only wish is that it's healthy."
More Chris Hemsworth News
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans