Chris Hemsworth Explains Why He and Wife Name Their Daughter India
Chris Hemsworth is embracing his new role as a proud father to a baby girl. The 28-year-old actor, who reprises his role as Thor in "The Avengers", recently welcomed his first daughter with wife Elsa Pataky, and he's more than willing to explain why he and his wife name their child India.
In a phone interview with USA Today, the Aussie actor said, "We love the country and love the name." He offered more when met at "Snow White and the Huntsman" press junket in London. "It was just a name we liked, I always kind of liked Indie or Indiana for a boy and she liked India," he told E! News. "We sorta went, 'Oh well, whether it's a boy or girl that will decide.' It just seemed to fit."
It was reported that Chris' wife gave birth to India on Friday, May 11. When asked to clarify, the older brother of Liam Hemsworth responded by simply stating, "Very recently." He went on to say, "This is my politician, kind of, not giving too much away." Still, he shared his excitement of being a father. "I've wanted to have kids for a long time, and here it is, and I couldn't be happier," so he gushed.
Chris and Elsa met through their management firm in early 2010 before tying the knot in December of the same year. They announced that they were expecting their first child in January 2012. "Chris and I are ecstatic, very happy and excited," Elsa said at that time. "Since it's our first child we don't care if it's a boy or girl, our only wish is that it's healthy."
More Chris Hemsworth News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard