Chris Hemsworth Explains Why He and Wife Name Their Daughter India
Chris Hemsworth is embracing his new role as a proud father to a baby girl. The 28-year-old actor, who reprises his role as Thor in "The Avengers", recently welcomed his first daughter with wife Elsa Pataky, and he's more than willing to explain why he and his wife name their child India.
In a phone interview with USA Today, the Aussie actor said, "We love the country and love the name." He offered more when met at "Snow White and the Huntsman" press junket in London. "It was just a name we liked, I always kind of liked Indie or Indiana for a boy and she liked India," he told E! News. "We sorta went, 'Oh well, whether it's a boy or girl that will decide.' It just seemed to fit."
It was reported that Chris' wife gave birth to India on Friday, May 11. When asked to clarify, the older brother of Liam Hemsworth responded by simply stating, "Very recently." He went on to say, "This is my politician, kind of, not giving too much away." Still, he shared his excitement of being a father. "I've wanted to have kids for a long time, and here it is, and I couldn't be happier," so he gushed.
Chris and Elsa met through their management firm in early 2010 before tying the knot in December of the same year. They announced that they were expecting their first child in January 2012. "Chris and I are ecstatic, very happy and excited," Elsa said at that time. "Since it's our first child we don't care if it's a boy or girl, our only wish is that it's healthy."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences