Jessica Sanchez and Her Father Share Stage at 'American Idol' Homecoming Gig
Jessica Sanchez serenaded her father, who's a member of the U.S. Navy, when coming back home to Chula Vista, Calif. over the weekend. She invited him to join her on stage when she covered Luther Vandross' classic "Dance with My Father" at the USS Midway Museum.
Earlier in the day, Jessica greeted thousands of fans when riding through the town in a car with her two little brothers. The finalist of "American Idol" season 11 made a stop at Eastlake High School's stadium, and sang four songs including Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You".
"I feel amazing," she gushed about the homecoming visit. "I'm so happy to represent Chula Vista. It was the people. I missed the people so much. I love you guys. Thank you for all the support." May 12, the day when she came for a visit, was declared by the mayor as "Jessica Sanchez Day".
Elsewhere, a large number of supporters greeted Joshua Ledet and Phillip Phillips when the two male finalists returned to their respective hometowns. As part of "Idol" finale countdown, the former went back home in Southwest Louisiana, while the latter flew back to South Georgia.
"I am so grateful," Josh said to his fans. "Without you guys, I would be nothing. You guys give me the strength to move on. This week and everything you guys said positively about me, all the fan-mail and everything just gave me that boost to go out and step on that Idol stage. So y'all keep voting for me!"
In the same tone, Phillip said to his fans, "Hey everybody, thanks for coming out and supporting me today." He added, "You never know the support that you have until you actually come back and see everybody. The support of you guys coming to the airport made me want to break out in tears."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo