Will Smith Compares Chemistry With Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin in 'Men in Black 3'
Will Smith recently compared his on-screen chemistry with long-time collaborator Tommy Lee Jones and franchise newcomer Josh Brolin in "Men in Black 3". While admitting that his partnership with Jones is "so distinct", Smith opened up that working with Brolin was "fantastic."
"The chemistry between Tommy Lee Jones and I, it's so distinct, and it is what the series has been based on. So what was scary about going into 'Men in Black 3' was half of the film is with Josh Brolin," the rapper-turned-actor told Flicks and Bits. "But as a testament to Josh, I never felt any difference between the scenes between Tommy Lee Jones and myself, or Josh Brolin and myself."
Smith explained, "Josh studied and he found just whatever that essence is, in a way that when we hit the camera, there was no adjustment that I had to make. It was as if Tommy was there." Praising the young K depicter, Smith gushed, "Josh Brolin, he's just a fantastic, he's a wonderful image of the young K, you know?"
"You get a glimpse into what young K would have been like through Josh's eyes," he went on saying. "You know, it'll be fifteen minutes in the movie before people start paying attention again, just from being shocked by that recreation. Josh is so, so great."
During the chat, Smith also discussed his acting comeback through the third "Men in Black" movie. He explained, "This is the first movie that I've completed a trilogy, of the films I've done. Playing a character three times, for me, that feels like home. It's wonderful. I'd been off camera for about four years now, so for me, coming back to something that I know, that's warm and like a family reunion. That felt very special."
The father of Jaden Smith and Willow Smith added, "J has grown through the series, I love having the opportunity to go back and show where it begin. The huge surprise at the end of 'Men In Black 3', that makes it a sequel, but a prequel also. I'm just as hopeful and excited to learn how Agent J grows just like everyone else."
Based on the Malibu Comic by Lowell Cunningham, "Men in Black 3", which will focus on time travel involving Smith's Agent J, is scheduled to open in the U.S. on May 25.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie