Will Smith Compares Chemistry With Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin in 'Men in Black 3'
Will Smith recently compared his on-screen chemistry with long-time collaborator Tommy Lee Jones and franchise newcomer Josh Brolin in "Men in Black 3". While admitting that his partnership with Jones is "so distinct", Smith opened up that working with Brolin was "fantastic."
"The chemistry between Tommy Lee Jones and I, it's so distinct, and it is what the series has been based on. So what was scary about going into 'Men in Black 3' was half of the film is with Josh Brolin," the rapper-turned-actor told Flicks and Bits. "But as a testament to Josh, I never felt any difference between the scenes between Tommy Lee Jones and myself, or Josh Brolin and myself."
Smith explained, "Josh studied and he found just whatever that essence is, in a way that when we hit the camera, there was no adjustment that I had to make. It was as if Tommy was there." Praising the young K depicter, Smith gushed, "Josh Brolin, he's just a fantastic, he's a wonderful image of the young K, you know?"
"You get a glimpse into what young K would have been like through Josh's eyes," he went on saying. "You know, it'll be fifteen minutes in the movie before people start paying attention again, just from being shocked by that recreation. Josh is so, so great."
During the chat, Smith also discussed his acting comeback through the third "Men in Black" movie. He explained, "This is the first movie that I've completed a trilogy, of the films I've done. Playing a character three times, for me, that feels like home. It's wonderful. I'd been off camera for about four years now, so for me, coming back to something that I know, that's warm and like a family reunion. That felt very special."
The father of Jaden Smith and Willow Smith added, "J has grown through the series, I love having the opportunity to go back and show where it begin. The huge surprise at the end of 'Men In Black 3', that makes it a sequel, but a prequel also. I'm just as hopeful and excited to learn how Agent J grows just like everyone else."
Based on the Malibu Comic by Lowell Cunningham, "Men in Black 3", which will focus on time travel involving Smith's Agent J, is scheduled to open in the U.S. on May 25.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'