Report: Jessica Simpson Sells Baby's First Photos for $800,000
Jessica Simpson is set to make $800,000 when first photos of her baby girl hits the newsstands. The singer/actress reportedly has struck a deal with People magazine to publish the exclusive pictures of Maxwell Drew Johnson, Simpson's first child with fiance Eric Johnson (II), who was born on May 1.
If the report about the money offered to Simpson for the photos were true, then it's only a small amount compared to what the magazine usually pay other celebrities. When Jennifer Lopez had her twins with Marc Anthony, they reportedly made $6 million. Meanwhile, Matthew McConaughey and Camilla Alves' son scored $3 million.
Jo Piazza of blog Fashionista commented, "The market for celebrity babies simply doesn't exist anymore. Magazines realized that it doesn't benefit them to pay over a million."
Nevertheless, Simpson will make bigger money for her own effort. The 31-year-old mom whose big baby bump became the talk of the town has signed a deal with Weight Watchers for $3 million to lose her weight on their program.
In the meantime, the "Fashion Star" host could not stop gushing over her baby, tweeting on Saturday, May 12, "I'm addicted to buying headbands w massive flowers for Maxwell on etsy! She is insanely beautiful I can't help but play dress up!"
More Jessica Simpson News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy