Brendan Fraser Launches $3 Million Lawsuit Against 'William Tell: 3D'
Brendan Fraser has filed a lawsuit against the producers of "William Tell: 3D" for screwing him out of more than $2 million in acting fees. The actor was pissed that production of the 3D movie did not start as scheduled and he did not receive any paycheck.
According to the court documents obtained by TMZ, Fraser passed up several lucrative acting jobs in order to remain available for the William Tell biopic. The agreement was to pay the actor $2.25 million whether the film shoots or not but when the October 2011 start date went by and he did not receive a paycheck since, Fraser was forced to take the matter to court.
Producer Todd Moyer could not maintain the schedule due to financing problems. He commented on the lawsuit launched by Fraser, "This is the first I have heard of this lawsuit. As we told Mr. Fraser's reps, we are ready, willing and able to make the movie for the September 3rd start date. [Producer] Julius Nasso and I have the movie fully financed."
Moyer added, "Unfortunately, Mr. Fraser does not seem to be interested in making the movie as a 2D film as the producers intend to do. This is not a contractual decision Mr. Fraser has the ability to make."
Fraser wants $3 million in total for promised fee and additional damages.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!