Brendan Fraser Launches $3 Million Lawsuit Against 'William Tell: 3D'
Brendan Fraser has filed a lawsuit against the producers of "William Tell: 3D" for screwing him out of more than $2 million in acting fees. The actor was pissed that production of the 3D movie did not start as scheduled and he did not receive any paycheck.
According to the court documents obtained by TMZ, Fraser passed up several lucrative acting jobs in order to remain available for the William Tell biopic. The agreement was to pay the actor $2.25 million whether the film shoots or not but when the October 2011 start date went by and he did not receive a paycheck since, Fraser was forced to take the matter to court.
Producer Todd Moyer could not maintain the schedule due to financing problems. He commented on the lawsuit launched by Fraser, "This is the first I have heard of this lawsuit. As we told Mr. Fraser's reps, we are ready, willing and able to make the movie for the September 3rd start date. [Producer] Julius Nasso and I have the movie fully financed."
Moyer added, "Unfortunately, Mr. Fraser does not seem to be interested in making the movie as a 2D film as the producers intend to do. This is not a contractual decision Mr. Fraser has the ability to make."
Fraser wants $3 million in total for promised fee and additional damages.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order