Brendan Fraser Launches $3 Million Lawsuit Against 'William Tell: 3D'
Brendan Fraser has filed a lawsuit against the producers of "William Tell: 3D" for screwing him out of more than $2 million in acting fees. The actor was pissed that production of the 3D movie did not start as scheduled and he did not receive any paycheck.
According to the court documents obtained by TMZ, Fraser passed up several lucrative acting jobs in order to remain available for the William Tell biopic. The agreement was to pay the actor $2.25 million whether the film shoots or not but when the October 2011 start date went by and he did not receive a paycheck since, Fraser was forced to take the matter to court.
Producer Todd Moyer could not maintain the schedule due to financing problems. He commented on the lawsuit launched by Fraser, "This is the first I have heard of this lawsuit. As we told Mr. Fraser's reps, we are ready, willing and able to make the movie for the September 3rd start date. [Producer] Julius Nasso and I have the movie fully financed."
Moyer added, "Unfortunately, Mr. Fraser does not seem to be interested in making the movie as a 2D film as the producers intend to do. This is not a contractual decision Mr. Fraser has the ability to make."
Fraser wants $3 million in total for promised fee and additional damages.
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub