Brendan Fraser Launches $3 Million Lawsuit Against 'William Tell: 3D'
Brendan Fraser has filed a lawsuit against the producers of "William Tell: 3D" for screwing him out of more than $2 million in acting fees. The actor was pissed that production of the 3D movie did not start as scheduled and he did not receive any paycheck.
According to the court documents obtained by TMZ, Fraser passed up several lucrative acting jobs in order to remain available for the William Tell biopic. The agreement was to pay the actor $2.25 million whether the film shoots or not but when the October 2011 start date went by and he did not receive a paycheck since, Fraser was forced to take the matter to court.
Producer Todd Moyer could not maintain the schedule due to financing problems. He commented on the lawsuit launched by Fraser, "This is the first I have heard of this lawsuit. As we told Mr. Fraser's reps, we are ready, willing and able to make the movie for the September 3rd start date. [Producer] Julius Nasso and I have the movie fully financed."
Moyer added, "Unfortunately, Mr. Fraser does not seem to be interested in making the movie as a 2D film as the producers intend to do. This is not a contractual decision Mr. Fraser has the ability to make."
Fraser wants $3 million in total for promised fee and additional damages.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March