New 'Dark Shadows' Soundtrack Hits the Web: The Killers 'Go All the Way'
As "Dark Shadows" is getting closer to its U.S. release date on May 11, one of its soundtracks is unleashed. The song is titled "Go All the Way" and it's a cover of Raspberries' 1972 song that was recorded by The Killers.
"Our old pal Tim Burton asked us to record a cover song for his new film #DarkShadows," so the band informed their Twitter followers on how they ended up making music for the film. "It opens everywhere Friday. See you at the movies.."
In addition to the song cover, a handful of classics like Donovan's "Season of the Witch", The Carpenters' "Top of the World" and Alice Cooper's "Ballad of Dwight Fry" are picked as theme songs. There's also Johnny Depp reciting Steve Miller Band's "The Joker".
To choose songs that fit the vibes of the 70s-set vampire tale, Burton says, "We just went through all the music of that year." He adds, "Doing that research reminded me of listening to all that music on AM radio over and over again."
"The quality of the music felt strange at the time, and it still feels strange, going from kind of cheesy pop to really cool hardcore stuff. It was a weird year for music. We tried to pick music that fit the era and fit the score and the vibe of the story."
For the score, Burton teams up with his longtime collaborator Danny Elfman. Their work in the movie marks for the first time ever they took inspiration from the original material. "We made a conscious decision to make no references - ever - to the originals," Elfman explained. "But here, this was different."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage