New 'Dark Shadows' Soundtrack Hits the Web: The Killers 'Go All the Way'
As "Dark Shadows" is getting closer to its U.S. release date on May 11, one of its soundtracks is unleashed. The song is titled "Go All the Way" and it's a cover of Raspberries' 1972 song that was recorded by The Killers.
"Our old pal Tim Burton asked us to record a cover song for his new film #DarkShadows," so the band informed their Twitter followers on how they ended up making music for the film. "It opens everywhere Friday. See you at the movies.."
In addition to the song cover, a handful of classics like Donovan's "Season of the Witch", The Carpenters' "Top of the World" and Alice Cooper's "Ballad of Dwight Fry" are picked as theme songs. There's also Johnny Depp reciting Steve Miller Band's "The Joker".
To choose songs that fit the vibes of the 70s-set vampire tale, Burton says, "We just went through all the music of that year." He adds, "Doing that research reminded me of listening to all that music on AM radio over and over again."
"The quality of the music felt strange at the time, and it still feels strange, going from kind of cheesy pop to really cool hardcore stuff. It was a weird year for music. We tried to pick music that fit the era and fit the score and the vibe of the story."
For the score, Burton teams up with his longtime collaborator Danny Elfman. Their work in the movie marks for the first time ever they took inspiration from the original material. "We made a conscious decision to make no references - ever - to the originals," Elfman explained. "But here, this was different."
More The Killers News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby