Leonard Nimoy on What Intrigued Him to Return to 'Fringe'
"Fringe" has brought back Leonard Nimoy's William Bell in the season 4 finale, luring the actor to take a break from his retirement. Asked what convinced him to be back acting again, the 81-year-old actor opened up, "Well, it's not just the role of William Bell. It's the show."
"I think Fringe is a wildly imaginative show," he gushed about the FOX series. "The writers and the creators of the show, and the producers, are very bright and very theatrical. All the characters are fleshed out wonderfully, and the chemistry amongst the cast is terrific."
The Spock in the original "Star Trek" series went on admitting that his character provided challenges to him. "We weren't quite sure whether we were supposed to enjoy him or be afraid of him. We couldn't quite figure out what his motivation was. At the end of last season, he seemed to come around to be less dangerous," he explained about Bell's first appearance.
He went dishing on Bell's return, "This season, I think things have taken another turn. He's in another universe and has taken on other characteristics. There were challenges in the character itself that were attractive to me. I could play aspects of a character that I haven't played in a long time, so it was very welcoming to me."
Of how he caught up with what has happened on the show, Nimoy said, "It was explained to me that we're opening up a whole world and a whole new can of peas, so to speak, and William Bell is being recreated as something else. That intrigued me, and I was excited to go back to work."
In "Brave New World, Part 2" which aired May 11, Bell returned [SPOILER ALERT!] and tried to collapse two universes to create a new one by using Olivia as a weapon. However, Walter screwed up his plans by killing Olivia, who was later able to come back to life.
In an interview with TV Guide, executive producers J.H. Wyman confirmed that the Observers are coming in the upcoming season 5 to take over the Earth like it's seen in the flash to 2036. On Olivia who seemed to hesitate when telling Peter that she's pregnant, he coyly said, "Let's just say you will understand the hesitation."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group