'Private Practice' and 'Scandal' Get New Season, 'Missing' and 'Pan Am' Cut by ABC
After ordering a new season of ten shows, ABC announced the same verdict for Shonda Rimes-created series "Private Practice" and "Scandal". Also getting the renewals are "Body of Proof", "Happy Endings" as well as new comedy "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23".
Four other shows are not that lucky since the Alphabet decided to give the boot to "Missing", "Pan Am", "GCB" and "The River" which have just run for one season each. As the replacements, the network has ordered five dramas and four comedies to series.
To grace the screen in the 2012-13 TV season, "Nashville" is a family soap set against the backdrop of the Nashville music scene revolving around one star at her peak (Connie Britton) and another on the rise (Hayden Panettiere).
"Last Resort" centers on the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who, after ignoring an order to fire nuclear missiles, wind up being hunted and escape to a NATO outpost where they declare themselves to be the world's smallest nuclear nation. "666 Park Ave" follows a young couple (Dave Annabele, Rachael Taylor) who experience supernatural occurrences in a historic apartment building which they agree to manage.
"Red Widow", which is previously known as "Penoza", is a crime drama which revolves around a widow (Radha Mitchell) of an assassinated criminal. She is forced to adopt her husband's role in a crime syndicate in order to protect her family. "Zero Hour" features "ER" alum Anthony Edwards as a magazine editor who is entangled in one of the most compelling conspiracies in human history.
Multicamera comedy "Malibu Country" stars Reba McEntire as a mother of three who tries to reignite her singing career in Malibu after her husband cheated on her. "How to Live With Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life" stars Sarah Chalke as Polly, a recently divorced single mom who moves in with her eccentric parents (Elizabeth Perkins, Brad Garrett) who are full of life but know no bounds.
"Family Tools" is a comedy that revolves around a man (Kyle Bornheimer) who is forced to put his dreams on hold in order to take over the family handyman business from his father (J.K. Simmons). "Neighbors" centers on a family who finds out that their new neighbors in a New Jersey gated community are aliens disguised as humans.
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram