Freddie Mercury to Be Brought to Life at Queen's Anniversary Show
Queen have a special treat prepared for their fans at their upcoming 10th anniversary show. In an interview with BBC, guitarist Brian May confirms that he and fellow bandmate Roger Tyler plan to resurrect Freddie Mercury for the upcoming gig.
It seems that the rockers follow the footsteps of Dr. Dre who brought back Tupac Shakur to life at last month's Coachella, but it's actually not. May insists they have been planning the stunt long before the Doc's performance at the Indio music festival.
"It's a little unfortunate they did that thing with Tupac," he states, "As we've been trying to make Freddie appear on the stage for quite a while."
Instead of copying the rapper by using a hologram image, May spills they will apply an "effect" called "an optical illusion of sorts." he explains, "[That technique] is something we've looked at ourselves but I think probably for a show that runs eight shows a week it's not really quite practical."
He's adamant the incarnation will create buzz among fans as saying, "People will come out saying, 'did we actually see Freddie?' "
Aside from Queen, TLC and Jackson 5 plot to do similar things to their late members. The former want to bring back Left Eye to life, while the latter plan to resurrect Michael Jackson.
More Queen News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce