Freddie Mercury to Be Brought to Life at Queen's Anniversary Show
Queen have a special treat prepared for their fans at their upcoming 10th anniversary show. In an interview with BBC, guitarist Brian May confirms that he and fellow bandmate Roger Tyler plan to resurrect Freddie Mercury for the upcoming gig.
It seems that the rockers follow the footsteps of Dr. Dre who brought back Tupac Shakur to life at last month's Coachella, but it's actually not. May insists they have been planning the stunt long before the Doc's performance at the Indio music festival.
"It's a little unfortunate they did that thing with Tupac," he states, "As we've been trying to make Freddie appear on the stage for quite a while."
Instead of copying the rapper by using a hologram image, May spills they will apply an "effect" called "an optical illusion of sorts." he explains, "[That technique] is something we've looked at ourselves but I think probably for a show that runs eight shows a week it's not really quite practical."
He's adamant the incarnation will create buzz among fans as saying, "People will come out saying, 'did we actually see Freddie?' "
Aside from Queen, TLC and Jackson 5 plot to do similar things to their late members. The former want to bring back Left Eye to life, while the latter plan to resurrect Michael Jackson.
More Queen News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic