First Look at Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth in Carlo Carlie's 'Romeo and Juliet'
It's been a while since last news about Carlo Carlie's "Romeo and Juliet" film was broken, and now the film unleashes a very first look at its titular couple via Entertainment Weekly. Portrayed by Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth, the legendary pair are clad in full period costumes while they stare affectionately at each other.
During an interview with the magazine, screenwriter Julian Fellowes gushed about Steinfeld and Booth, "When I saw Douglas Booth in his costume and Hailee Steinfeld, it was clear that we had found a way to retell this most classic of all love stories, with a pair of lovers who really are as young, as pure, and as handsome as I had always wanted them to be."
Inspired by William Shakespeare's classic story, "Romeo and Juliet" follows the titular man who is the swordsman son of the Montague family, and the titular lady who is the young daughter of the Capulet household. The two young teens fall in love but their respective families are violently feuding and try to keep them apart, leading to their tragic deaths.
Back in 2011, it was rumored that Steinfeld would do a nude scene for the movie. Claiming to have obtained a copy of the script for the drama, Britain's Sunday Times stated that there will be a scene where Romeo and Juliet "start undressing each other - slowly, gently and carefully until they are naked."
"They are eternal figures in a Raphael painting. Romeo then carries her to bed, kissing her again and again as they explore uncharted territory. Then they make love, transported into each other's soul," so said the report.
The upcoming romance film also has Ed Westwick, Holly Hunter, Paul Weasley, Paul Giamatti and Stellan Skarsgard lining up in the cast ensemble. No U.S. release date has been set for the movie.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage