Chloe Moretz to Get Infected by Zombie Pandemic in 'Maggie'
After securing the titular role in "Carrie" remake, Chloe Moretz might land an eponymous role in another thriller movie called "Maggie". Variety reported that the talented young actress is in talks to star as a girl-turned-zombie in the movie that will be shopped during the 65th annual Cannes Film Festival.
The "Hugo" actress is expected to star opposite Paddy Considine who will play her on-screen father. Henry Hobson will mark his directorial debut through the movie. The story, meanwhile, will be adapted from a Black List script by John Scott 3.
"Maggie" is set during a zombie apocalypse era. At the time, there's a 16-year-old girl named Maggie who is stricken with the zombie infection. It takes six months for the young girl to fully transform into a zombie, during which she remains with her family.
Financed by Inferno Entertainment, the thriller is developed with a modest budget of $10 million. The production has been scheduled to start in September with Pierre-Ange Le Pogam, Matthew Baer and Trevor Kaufman serving as the producers.
Moretz will soon be seen in "Hick" and "Dark Shadows" which both are set to be released in the United States on Friday, May 11. Aside from "Carrie", the blond beauty has just been tapped to star in Karyn Kusama's indie pic "The Rut".
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes