Aerosmith Set to Debut New Single on 'American Idol' Finale
After Rihanna is confirmed to perform on "American Idol" finale, another big star is added to the lineup. Joining the Bajan beauty on the episode that will air Wednesday, May 23 is none other than Aerosmith. Confirming the gig is vocalist/guitarist Joe Perry.
While Riri is set to sing her latest single "Where Have You Been", the newly-reunited band will showcase their brand new single. "The band is gonna play on it in the last episode of the season to debut the new single," Joe spills to Rolling Stone.
Joe also takes time to explain why he initially opposed Steven Tyler's gig as a judge on the "Idol". "It wasn't about the show - it was about how we found out about it. I was pissed off about that whole thing, but I've played on it before," he reasons.
The 61-year-old musician continues, "So it's not about the show, it's about how we found out about it. It was a bit of a shock and it took us off balance."
Joe appeared on March 22 episode of the "Idol". He strummed his guitar and accompanied the contestants to sang "Happy Birthday" to Steven, who turned 64 on March 26.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'