Aerosmith Set to Debut New Single on 'American Idol' Finale
After Rihanna is confirmed to perform on "American Idol" finale, another big star is added to the lineup. Joining the Bajan beauty on the episode that will air Wednesday, May 23 is none other than Aerosmith. Confirming the gig is vocalist/guitarist Joe Perry.
While Riri is set to sing her latest single "Where Have You Been", the newly-reunited band will showcase their brand new single. "The band is gonna play on it in the last episode of the season to debut the new single," Joe spills to Rolling Stone.
Joe also takes time to explain why he initially opposed Steven Tyler's gig as a judge on the "Idol". "It wasn't about the show - it was about how we found out about it. I was pissed off about that whole thing, but I've played on it before," he reasons.
The 61-year-old musician continues, "So it's not about the show, it's about how we found out about it. It was a bit of a shock and it took us off balance."
Joe appeared on March 22 episode of the "Idol". He strummed his guitar and accompanied the contestants to sang "Happy Birthday" to Steven, who turned 64 on March 26.
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week