Aerosmith Set to Debut New Single on 'American Idol' Finale
After Rihanna is confirmed to perform on "American Idol" finale, another big star is added to the lineup. Joining the Bajan beauty on the episode that will air Wednesday, May 23 is none other than Aerosmith. Confirming the gig is vocalist/guitarist Joe Perry.
While Riri is set to sing her latest single "Where Have You Been", the newly-reunited band will showcase their brand new single. "The band is gonna play on it in the last episode of the season to debut the new single," Joe spills to Rolling Stone.
Joe also takes time to explain why he initially opposed Steven Tyler's gig as a judge on the "Idol". "It wasn't about the show - it was about how we found out about it. I was pissed off about that whole thing, but I've played on it before," he reasons.
The 61-year-old musician continues, "So it's not about the show, it's about how we found out about it. It was a bit of a shock and it took us off balance."
Joe appeared on March 22 episode of the "Idol". He strummed his guitar and accompanied the contestants to sang "Happy Birthday" to Steven, who turned 64 on March 26.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up